Around the League XXXV: Illinois Represent

Status
Not open for further replies.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Any 2-4 defenseman available at the deadline this year? Pending a defenseman acquisition, I still can't see the Leafs winning anything

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Any 2-4 defenseman available at the deadline this year? Pending a defenseman acquisition, I still can't see the Leafs winning anything
and they likely are letting Gardiner walk for nothing which is crazy....they can't afford him, can't trade him since they need him for a cup run, Gardiner and Panarin would be one hell of a get

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
well color me surprised...

hope Watson can do something to even lesson this as his name is tarnished as we as a society seem to seek punishment before proving guilt...

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
If anything this throws gasoline on a dying fire.
it is just odd....this must be why the arbitrator lowered the suspension, but even then it should be lower than 18 games...the main witness/victim just said he never hit or hurt her...no problems with him sitting for a few weeks because that is the price you pay when shit like this goes public...but 18 games is steep with the evidence and now her statement.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
If Watson didn’t do anything he shouldn’t have plead no contest. Ton of gray with this situation, you shouldn’t be speaking in absolutes.
I don't think I am speaking in absolutes, said I have no problems with him suspended for a few weeks, but most of this just doesn't add up to being suspended for a third of the season.. pleading no contest does not mean you are guilty it is common practice for this to go away and not be dragged out.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
If you have an extremely public career pleading no contest in a domestic abuse case when you’ve done nothing wrong would be monumentally stupid.
no it wouldn't it means you want it to go away and move on...anything else would then likely need a trial/ jury etc involved, why would he want that for his family?? the damage is already done, there is no apologies when you are proven right from society or the public...it would only add more pain to him and his family..

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
if Matheson does not get suspended the NHL is a joke.

Suspension? Absolutely not. You’d only be suspending him because of the result.

Should have been a roughing penalty, but if he got up from that hit no one even thinks twice about it.

Reactions: AmericanDream

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Suspension? Absolutely not. You’d only be suspending him because of the result.

Should have been a roughing penalty, but if he got up from that hit no one even thinks twice about it.

Re-watch it. It is not the initial hit, it is the dirty follow through when he shoves he head into the the ice.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Re-watch it. It is not the initial hit, it is the dirty follow through when he shoves he head into the the ice.

Yes, I’m aware. It’s dirty for sure, but suspendable? No. Like I said if he didn’t struggle to get off the ice no one even makes a thread about it.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
You can’t punch/slam someone’s head into the ice like that. If they want to get ride of shit like that you have to punish people. Matheson was being a bitch because he got walked.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
You can’t punch/slam someone’s head into the ice like that. If they want to get ride of **** like that you have to punish people. Matheson was being a ***** because he got walked.

Throw him in the box, even kick him out of the game. I still think a suspension is overboard.

He shoved him in the chest to the ground. He didn’t punch or slam his head into the ice.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Throw him in the box, even kick him out of the game. I still think a suspension is overboard.

He shoved him in the chest to the ground. He didn’t punch or slam his head into the ice.
Yes he did.

He has a hearing btw.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Pietrangelo is absolutely brutal right now, might be the worst player for the blues.

They are gonna struggle bad if he can’t turn it around.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Blues lost in regulation tonight, so outta 5 games, they've won one, lost two in OT (to us), and lost two in regulation. They have a whopping 4pts out of a possible 10.

People thought they were so improved over last season. But they might be so bad that they're outta the playoff hunt by Thanksgiving.

In totally unrelated news, I heard someone laughing a moment ago....oh, wait..that was me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad