Around the League XXXV: Illinois Represent

Status
Not open for further replies.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
FWIW, Caps fans generally seem fine with it and they watch him play more than any of us. Locked him up for his prime and he had a huge impact, both tangibly and intangibly, in their Cup run.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Even some analysts defending it because NHL. Just goes to show being an ex-player at even the highest level does not automatically qualify you to make hockey decisions. Jesus f***.

$5.17 million per year for 27 points on average. In a salary cap league. Have at it.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Well all the caps fans here I saw fine with it are all up with cup win glow. The fan situation is different as they've been in the push for a cup fir a decade with so much failure while the hawks were then with their 2nd recent cup and in the push for more. But most hawks fans upset by it knew it would mean more cap tight losses for players.

Reactions: BrianE

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
They won the Cup and rewarded their own player...see, we are not the only team to do it lol!!

I do have to ask - how does Trotz feel knowing what he asked for was balked at and he now sees Wilson making over $5mil per year????lol!!!!!!

Reactions: BrianE

Solarion

Jul 27, 2018
I believe Trotz had already agreed to an extension if he led the team to the promise land.

It's a bit tough to blame Caps management for trying to hold the coach to that deal, but at the same time Trotz was worth more, so it's kind of tough to blame him for wanting to get paid after proving he can get it done. At least it gives Isles fans some small glimmer of hope this horribad off season. lol

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
They won the Cup and rewarded their own player...see, we are not the only team to do it lol!!

I do have to ask - how does Trotz feel knowing what he asked for was balked at and he now sees Wilson making over $5mil per year????lol!!!!!!

Exactly......their fans won't know as the high is so good right now, especially after their first ever cup. Besides do they know what cap hell is yet? i say no.

Hawks fans have learned the easy and hard way, well i guess is the only way to put it. How many teams get to experience what us Hawks, Kings or Pens fans have experienced?

It was a hell of a ride.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Well all the caps fans here I saw fine with it are all up with cup win glow. The fan situation is different as they've been in the push for a cup fir a decade with so much failure while the hawks were then with their 2nd recent cup and in the push for more. But most hawks fans upset by it knew it would mean more cap tight losses for players.

Spot on.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
A four million dollar difference between the two camps is insane. Granted, I'd want a ****load of money to stay in the dumpster fire that is the Senators organization.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Kayes just signed for $5 mil, same with Tom Wilson, of course Stone looks at that and thinks he is worth $9mil...I cannot imagine he gets under $6.5-7 mil per season

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Colorado offersheet for Stone would be epic. Sakic can really turn the screws to Dorion because he owns the Sens first round pick. No Hoffman/Stone/Karlsson and that team is a lock for a lottery pick. Most likely Hughes.

Huge risk for Stone though because if the sens matched, I would imagine he wouldn’t get a very warm reception if he played a hand in trying to strong arm the sens out of assets in bolting for another team first chance he got.

Don’t see it happening but man that would make for some entertainment over the summer months.

Last edited:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Don't believe Stone can sign an offersheet since he is going to arbitration.

He is worth close to 9mil, one of the best two way wingers in the league.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Don't believe Stone can sign an offersheet since he is going to arbitration.

He is worth close to 9mil, one of the best two way wingers in the league.

I would love for the Hawks to get Stone. I think he would be perfect on a line with Toews and Saad.

20-19-MS
12-8-88

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Stone plays excellent defense and scored 62 points last year in 58 games. The guy is absolutely a 7M player, probably more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad