Around the League XXXV: Illinois Represent

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Trouba reportedly wants $7 million? Defensemen getting more and more costly.

The cap just went up by almost 4mil, as far as percentage of the cap space spent, 7mil for a 1D is more than fair.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Not big on the duck foot or whatever on the shoulders but I really dig the color scheme. Not enough teams branch out.

They absolutely should go back to the Kariya era jerseys.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
It's a dece look that gets a major nostalgia boost, but the thing is that the Ducks went bland as all hell when they dropped the "Mighty," so a splash of just not dull is an improvement for them in every way.

You can be too busy and you can be too dull, teams just have to find the sweet spot in between those two extremes.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
Would you prefer the Hawks to play hardball with RFAs and have a situation like in Winnipeg with Trouba or have Bowman just roll over and give the player what they want? I know the answer is somewhere in the middle.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Would you prefer the Hawks to play hardball with RFAs and have a situation like in Winnipeg with Trouba or have Bowman just roll over and give the player what they want? I know the answer is somewhere in the middle.

Ideally you have something in the middle.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
You get the feeling that Trouba has no desire to play in Winnipeg which I am sure doesn't make negotiations too easy. Yzerman playing hardball with Kucherov and Stamkos has worked out fairly well, so there is that side of the argument too. If the player likes playing in Chicago enough, they will stay if given a fair deal for both parties. If not, maybe it's best to cut ties?

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
I would trade quite a bit for Trouba at 5.5, so long as they could get some kind of arrangement (legal or otherwise) for a re-sign next year at the 7mil-8mil he wanted.

Reactions: Blue Liner

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Don’t see Trouba getting traded until next offseason as an RFA. With all their free agents next year I see Winnipeg going all in this year again and trading Trouba doesn’t really help with that. He’ll still fetch a healthy return as an RFA.

And speaking of which, what an interesting offseason it’s going to be in Winnipeg next season;
Wheeler - UFA
Laine - RFA
Trouba - RFA
Connor - RFA
Morrisey- RFA

Last edited:
Reactions: migi

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Iginla retiring.

Might replace Dion as the best never to win the Cup. Just a fantastic player.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Thought it was this Dion...

BriefPessimisticAsp-max-1mb.gif

...he never won a cup either :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad