Around the League XXXIV: Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Doug Wilson just bodied the Sens.

John Tavares, you really have no excuse not to wear teal next year....

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Really? I am not aware of the other stuff.
He frequently quarreled with teammates and management in juniors and was twice cut from his team because of it (hence why he went undrafted in his draft year, then barely drafted the next). Obviously, he also had a pretty long run without any significant incidents, but some habits die hard.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Sens are gifting the Avs a very good shot at Jack Hughes.

GMs really need to take advantage of the Sens GM. Kick him while he's down and out. Wilson just made him look stupid

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Yeah, they're professional athletes. Everybody has people at work they don't get along with, but have to continue to cooperate with to do their job and succeed at their goals.

We romanticize sport, but a lockerroom is just a workplace. Not everybody has to be drinking buddies and playing mario kart together on road trips all the time.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
If NHL locker rooms can survive players ****ing teammates wives and destroying families an NHL locker room will survive the Hoffman's (Well future Hoffman's as they are only engaged)

You might not get this but these things impact teams in a negative way. If you don't trust a guy in the room then there is a 99% chance you don't trust them on the ice. This impacts results.

If you are talking about the Keith/Sharp situation, that was never confirmed and was broken by a NY Giants former player. Teams don't survive these situation often or really at all.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah, they're professional athletes. Everybody has people at work they don't get along with, but have to continue to cooperate with to do their job and succeed at their goals.

We romanticize sport, but a lockerroom is just a workplace. Not everybody has to be drinking buddies and playing mario kart together on road trips all the time.

It's not and you will never seem to understand this. Professional sports are nothing like real jobs, nothing is similar except that they get paid.

Reactions: RayP and ChiHawks10

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
You might not get this but these things impact teams in a negative way. If you don't trust a guy in the room then there is a 99% chance you don't trust them on the ice. This impacts results.

If you are talking about the Keith/Sharp situation, that was never confirmed and was broken by a NY Giants former player. Teams don't survive these situation often or really at all.
Absolutely.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
It's not and you will never seem to understand this. Professional sports are nothing like real jobs, nothing is similar except that they get paid.

Like I said, we romanticize sport. We make it a special, unique little flower in our minds.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Like I said, we romanticize sport. Thank you for supporting that statement.

If you think your everyday job is similar to being a pro athlete and your office life is similar to a locker room, you are romanticizing your life. I have close friends who have been drafted and have been in NHL lockers as a player and they say working a 9 to 5 is nothing like being an pro-athlete. JD I know you are not this foolish.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
If you think your everyday job is similar to being a pro athlete and your office life is similar to a locker room, you are romanticizing your life. I have close friends who have been drafted and have been in NHL lockers as a player and they say working a 9 to 5 is nothing like being an pro-athlete. JD I know you are not this foolish.

How'd they do both? Players working their way up the minors to the point they are drafted don't work 9-5s. Are they still in the league?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Which is more destructive to locker room

Player A = A bit of a douche who has unlikeable GF who doesn't get along with wives/gf's of players
Player B = Who slept with teammates wife and destroyed a marriage
Player C = Brutally beats his wife and then self deports to avoid jail only to return
Player D = Gets a huge contract and plays like #### since signing it and helps cripple franchise going forward from competing

A lot of fake outrage/hot takes about player A but not so much for other 3 types which are far more destructive to team

And yes sadly the media/fans have been far more open to player C on team then player A over last week

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

Player A = A bit of a *****e who has unlikeable GF who doesn't get along with wives/gf's of players
Player C = Brutally beats his wife and then self deports to avoid jail only to return
Player D = Gets a huge contract and plays like #### since signing it and helps cripple franchise going forward from competing

A lot of fake outrage/hot takes about player A but not so much for other 3 types which are far more destructive to team

If you can cite somebody who slept with a teammate's wife that wasn't met with scorn and had locker room changes I'll be impressed.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
If NHL locker rooms can survive players ****ing teammates wives and destroying families an NHL locker room will survive the Hoffman's (Well future Hoffman's as they are only engaged)
IF Hoffman's fiancé really did all of these things, and Hoffman doesn't subsequently dump her, then Hoffman's character and morals are equally terrible, and I'd want nothing to do with him on the Hawks.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

Player A = A bit of a *****e who has unlikeable GF who doesn't get along with wives/gf's of players

And yes sadly the media/fans have been far more open to player C on team then player A over last week
A, B , and C >>>>>>>>>>>>>>D

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

I'm assuming you're talking about Keith and Sharp. And I can tell you with 100% certainty that it never happened. That it was all a bunch of bullshit.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012

What and where are you not seeing outrage upon Voynov because it's prevelent here and in every single fan base against a team signing him. The rage of that died down because there's nothing ongoing currently about it other than the talk of his agnet wanting to come over the the league and actual legality of it need to settle it out anywy.

And B is the nonsense thing every unknown thought up rumor of players jumps too becasue people love lazy rumors. I'm sure the great Kim Johansson sleeping around got all the traction back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad