Around the League XXXIV: Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I hope Bowman trades for him. Seriously. 8th overall + whatever other reasonable piece.

Maybe even a huge trade like

:hawks:

Karlsson

:sens:

8th, Seabrook, 27th, Forsling/defensive prospect

Blood is in the water over there in Eastern Canada and somebody needs to take advantage of that situation. Hope it's Bowman.

Terrible for the Hawks, IMO.

I'd much rather they have the 8th, the 27th, and their D prospect over EK. He has bad legs already(has obviously slowed down compared to earlier in his career), is 28 already, and is going to be wanting a massive payday/term that will only hurt the cap situation moving forward. You're looking at dumping one Seabrook for what could amount to another Seabrook in a couple years.

I'd rather have Carlson than Karlsson at this point. And, personally, would rather the Hawks avoid both.

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I hope Bowman trades for him. Seriously. 8th overall + whatever other reasonable piece.

Karlsson

Blood is in the water over there in Eastern Canada and somebody needs to take advantage of that situation. Hope it's Bowman.

No.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford

Karlsson

That would be a horrific trade. Holy hell

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

Karlsson

You’ve had one too many old fashions for breakfast my man.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Thank god we aren’t Ottawa. Their GM thinks Boedker had value. These guys truly have no idea what goes on in this league, I’m convinced. Doug Wilson just flipped Hoffman for more then Ottawa originally got.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Thank god we aren’t Ottawa. Their GM thinks Boedker had value. These guys truly have no idea what goes on in this league, I’m convinced. Doug Wilson just flipped Hoffman for more then Ottawa originally got.

Which is why I’ll always have hope we can get out from Seabrook’s deal. My only concern there is him not waiving his NMC/NTC.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
This organization has handled worse drama than a crazy girlfriend. If we can get Hoffman on a steal of a trade just cause Ottawa can't find anyone else to take him, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Edit: Mistyped Hammond instead of Hoffman.

Guess somebody else was willing to do it after all.

I'd have taken Hoffman on this team. All this garbage will blow over eventually, and SJ will have a high-end sniper on their team, while Ottawa will have some spare parts.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Guess somebody else was willing to do it after all.

I'd have taken Hoffman on this team. All this garbage will blow over eventually, and SJ will have a high-end sniper on their team, while Ottawa will have some spare parts.

Not if it is true. It will be an awkward room.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I am annoyed that the Hawks did not get AG from Montreal. Domi has some potential but we could have offered better.

It's the NHL man, GMs are dumb. Domi isn't a great player and he's on a downward trajectory, but he's a 1st round pick, he has a pedigree name, he has #grit, so he's still valued despite putting up 5 goals last year with a goalie in the net.

Of the Blackhawks current prospect pool, I'd bet the only forwards valued higher than Domi by many GMs in the league currently are Debrincat and Schmaltz, and neither of them are going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad