Around the League XXXIV: Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
So you want Bowman to pay significant value for a player who has no value...smart move there bud.

I get that you want Hoffman and we can disagree on that but wanting to trade value for a player with no value is just stupid. Why not just offer Hossa, a late pick, and a low prospect with little value for Hoffman? This trade is logical, yours is not.

IMO, if Boedker's salary was around 1m less, that's probably too much to pay for Hoffman with where his current value was. He had basically zero value.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Yes, really. The gap is decent, just not the lottery pick that the Sens look to be giving up now after their team has fallen apart.

And LOL @ Hoffman being traded again.

And btw, what I meant when I said it wasn't peanuts is, I didn't expect Hoffman to return a solid NHL player, is all. His value was extremely low.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
And btw, what I meant when I said it wasn't peanuts is, I didn't expect Hoffman to return a solid NHL player, is all. His value was extremely low.
Fair enough. I still feel like it was a cap dump though.

Sounds like Ottawa wanted an NHL player in return, so although they could have got the package Florida gave up, they wanted a player, not picks.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Fair enough. I still feel like it was a cap dump though.

Sounds like Ottawa wanted an NHL player in return, so although they could have got the package Florida gave up, they wanted a player, not picks.

Oh, it was definitely shedding salary on an overpaid player. Boedker having a $4m salary is high. He should be around 2.5-3m AAV, IMO.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I can't blame Ottawa for keeping this years pick, what the hell are they supposed to do, give up a top 5 pick this year because there is a chance they might be a lotto winner next year?? Ottawa has to believe they can be better than they were this year, and they had enough talent to be better this year, they have to draft right and get Zadina at 4 and bring him right in..hopefully they can get a few guys on the cheap like a Derek Ryan and Sustr as FA's to try and get some veteran balance back in there, but this team shouldn't be a bottom feeder with the talent they have had. Goaltending is a big concern, but Anderson usually has bounce back seasons so I think he can be decent for them next year.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Didn't know a player could be traded twice in the same day. Thought it was a rule.

Man, what a mess over there in Ottawa. They're probably losing EK one way or the other too.

giphy.gif

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Didn't know a player could be traded twice in the same day. Thought it was a rule.

Man, what a mess over there in Ottawa. They're probably losing EK one way or the other too.

giphy.gif

Pretty sure EK requested a trade already. Not sure if moving Hoffman is enough for him, he seems to want out of the organization.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

giphy.gif

Why are you posting a picture of the proud home of the Cleveland Browns aka FirstEnergy Stadium?

Seriously the Sens are trainwreck but on the ice they haven't reached Cleveland Browns level embarrassment

Off the ice they have reached Cincinnati Bengals levels of dysfunction though

Reactions: BK and ChiHawks10

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I hope Bowman trades for him. Seriously. 8th overall + whatever other reasonable piece.

Maybe even a huge trade like

:hawks:

Karlsson

:sens:

8th, Seabrook, 27th, Forsling/defensive prospect

Blood is in the water over there in Eastern Canada and somebody needs to take advantage of that situation. Hope it's Bowman.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Why are you posting a picture of the proud home of the Cleveland Browns aka FirstEnergy Stadium?

Seriously the Sens are trainwreck but on the ice they haven't reached Cleveland Browns level embarrassment

Off the ice they have reached Cincinnati Bengals levels of dysfunction though

They're at least as bad as Colorado has been the two years prior to this one. The dysfunction is insane.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Why would Seabrook want anything to do with the dumpster fire that is Sens

And no thanks on gutting future while bringing in a player Hawks cant afford given the mega salary that Karlsson will demand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad