Around the League XXXIV: Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Avs have Sens 1st round pick next year so tearing it down or blowing it up just further will add to the embarrassment/disaster when Avs walk up to select 1st overall next draft
Yeah, getting Duchene was a good move IMO, but to have them fall this far since last year, it won't look good if they are giving up a top 3 pick next year.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
He's overpaid, but he's still a decent player.

Let me put it like this

The Sens just traded a player who's offensive talents are similar to Patrick Sharp circa 2008thru 2013 for a player who's inconsistency is comparable to 2014-today Kris Versteeg

Would you have been happy with a trade like that?

I wont be shocked if they put Hoffman with Pavelski and he scores 30-35 goals next year

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Avs have Sens 1st round pick next year so tearing it down or blowing it up just further will add to the embarrassment/disaster when Avs walk up to select 1st overall next draft

Their pick will be in the lottery anyways. Barring them signing major FA, their team is terrible. They're picking 5th OV this year as it is.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Let me put it like this

The Sens just traded a player who's offensive talents are similar to Patrick Sharp circa 2008 for a player who's inconsistency is comparable to 2014-today Kris Versteeg

I wont be shocked if they put Hoffman with Pavelski and he scores 30-35 goals next year

No, but if I were a Sens fan, I wouldn't be happy with the entire situation. Hoffman's value tanked with this entire story surrounding him and his fiance. Teams weren't going to offer up a comparable player in return. It just wasn't going to happen. They should be happy that they even got a player along the lines of Boedker back. I expected Hoffman to go for like a 3rd and some scrub prospect, not even another NHL player.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Let me put it like this

The Sens just traded a player who's offensive talents are similar to Patrick Sharp circa 2008 for a player who's inconsistency is comparable to 2014-today Kris Versteeg

I don't think there is a happy Sens fan anywhere right now. Especially not after this awful trade.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
No, but if I were a Sens fan, I wouldn't be happy with the entire situation. Hoffman killed his value with this entire story surrounding him and his fiance. Teams weren't going to offer up a comparable player in return. It just wasn't going to happen. They should be happy that they even got a player along the lines of Boedker back. I expected Hoffman to go for like a 3rd and some scrub prospect, not even another NHL player.

Hoffman did no such thing nor has it been proven his GF did that

Blame the Ottawa reporter and whoever at court provided information on peace bond for turning this into story. Also Sens had months to move Hoffman before story broke and didn't

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Hoffman did no such thing nor has it been proven his GF did that

Blame the Ottawa reporter and whoever at court provided information on peace bond for turning this into story. Also Sens had months to move Hoffman before story broke and didn't

Yeah, I misspoke on that. I meant that his value was destroyed, not that he necessarily did it.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
What the hell?

Wake up Stanley

That is fine price to pay for Hoffman

Shark fans should not be happy IMO ,, I wouldn't be if Hawks did this

Meh.

They dumped Boedker's salary, acquired a prospect and a 5th? Then also acquired a 2nd, 4th, and 5th?

Not a terrible return for Hoffman, and not much was lost on their end. Boedker, a 6th, and a 7th?

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
What the hell?

Wake up Stanley

That is fine price to pay for Hoffman

Shark fans should not be happy IMO ,, I wouldn't be if Hawks did this
Why not? They dumped a bad contract for three draft picks. Hawks could learn a thing or two.

Real question is why the Sens didn't just deal directly with Florida.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Hawks should have offered up Anisimov , Prospect + picks for Hoffman

Wait forgot Stanley gives everyone NMC/NTC so AA could block that

So you want Bowman to pay significant value for a player who has no value...smart move there bud.

I get that you want Hoffman and we can disagree on that but wanting to trade value for a player with no value is just stupid. Why not just offer Hossa, a late pick, and a low prospect with little value for Hoffman? This allows Dorian to get a small return for a situation that he had no control over. Scratch his back now and hope he returns the favor later. This trade is logical, yours is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad