Around the League vol 4 - Own Goals Count Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Do you really think they’ll intentionally try to injury someone if the game is meaningless? Having said that, Sparks probably should be in net.
No, I guess not. Revenge against the team that knocked them out of the playoffs would be a foolish endeavor indeed. Domi is no idiot after all.

They'll likely not even wear their should pads, because they'll not want to throw a hit and risk injuring a Leaf player headed for the playoffs. :shakehead

The Habs and Leafs are not hated rivals at all.

Reactions: cookie

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
No, I guess not. Revenge against the team that knocked them out of the playoffs would be a foolish endeavor indeed. Domi is no idiot after all.

They'll likely not even wear their should pads, because they'll not want to throw a hit and risk injuring a Leaf player headed for the playoffs. :shakehead

It ain’t the 70s anymore. If I was playing I would try, but not these guys.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
I just realized Ottawa is a lock for dead last this year, meaning Colorado is guaranteed a top 4 pick, since Ottawa chose to give Colorado their first round pick this year instead of last. They chose Brady Tkachuk last year, but wow, imagine if Colorado gets Jack Hughes with Ottawa’s pick. Could be a bigger deal than Toronto missing out on Tyler Seguin in 2010 from the Kessel trade, and at least we ended up with Matthews, who is even better.

I thought this would be bigger news, but I hadn’t noticed any such talk on Hfboards.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

taurine330

Nov 28, 2015
Stockholm
I just realized Ottawa is a lock for dead last this year, meaning Colorado is guaranteed a top 4 pick, since Ottawa chose to give Colorado their first round pick this year instead of last. They chose Brady Tkachuk last year, but wow, imagine if Colorado gets Jack Hughes with Ottawa’s pick. Could be a bigger deal than Toronto missing out on Tyler Seguin in 2010 from the Kessel trade, and at least we ended up with Matthews, who is even better.

I thought this would be bigger news, but I hadn’t noticed any such talk on Hfboards.
This is true. I think it has been laughed about on several occasions over here.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Go Caps Go Go Caps Go Go Caps Go Go Caps Go Go Caps Go

Beaumaris

May 21, 2015
7 yrs is a long time and to be honest, I don’t think the Oilers is that far behind.
If they can get a good solid goalie, they are a playoff team.
I'm in Edmonton,and I've been listening to that same old line
day in day out,for as long as I can remember.If If If If.:cool::D:D

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Under 4 to go and Caps still up 2-1.

Montreal will score in the next 2 mins, I’m sure.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Looks like it's curtains for Les Habitants. They need to beat us Saturday and for Columbus to drop back to back games against NYR and Ottawa.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Looks like it's curtains for Les Habitants. They need to beat us Saturday and for Columbus to drop back to back games against NYR and Ottawa.

If Columbus wins tomorrow, then Saturday is totally meaningless. It would be hilarious if Columbus chokes, though. They have 2 gimme games.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
If Columbus wins tomorrow, then Saturday is totally meaningless. It would be hilarious if Columbus chokes, though. They have 2 gimme games.

I'd like to see Columbus lose tomorrow night in regulation to make Saturday night interesting for the Leafs.

Putting the nail in the Habs coffin on the season would be delightful

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
I'd like to see Columbus lose tomorrow night in regulation to make Saturday night interesting for the Leafs.

tumblr_mfgirtpo9d1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

habs

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Looks like Montreal's lack of high end talent up front is going to bite them in the ass. What are they going to do now? Assuming they miss. Most likely no high pick. They could be wallowing in mediocrity for a long time.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

I don’t think they could beat Mtl in that situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad