Around the League vol 4 - Own Goals Count Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Great night for playoff races.
Go CBJ
Go Tampa
Go Leafs
Canes go lose in OT

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
This will only happen if he signs here as a free agent. That's what, 7 more years?
Dubas is going to trade Marner, Kadri, Brown, Zai and 1St rounder to Oilers for McDavid and Larsson this summer.
It will work well for both teams.
Oilers still get a playmaker in Marner to play with Drai. Kadri will anchor their second line and have RNH as their 3C with Brown. While Zai can QB their PP and is a RHD.
Having McDavid and Larsson for the Leafs allow them to have a bit more room to extend Kap and AJ.

FlyingLeafus

But what about the playoffs?
Jan 4, 2009
Milton
Dubas is going to trade Marner, Kadri, Brown, Zai and 1St rounder to Oilers for McDavid and Larsson this summer.
It will work well for both teams.
Oilers still get a playmaker in Marner to play with Drai. Kadri will anchor their second line and have RNH as their 3C with Brown. While Zai can QB their PP and is a RHD.
Having McDavid and Larsson for the Leafs allow them to have a bit more room to extend Kap and AJ.
Or just try to win with the current core until his contract expires, and sign him without giving up all those assets.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Or just try to win with the current core until his contract expires, and sign him without giving up all those assets.
7 yrs is a long time and to be honest, I don’t think the Oilers is that far behind.
If they can get a good solid goalie, they are a playoff team.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

It’s one of the things that really gets to me about get league right now.

Unless he gets traded we probably won’t get to see him in the playoffs for another 2-3 seasons.

What an absolute waste of the best years of the (soon to be) best hockey player on earth

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

Unless he gets traded we probably won’t get to see him in the playoffs for another 2-3 seasons.

What an absolute waste of the best years of the (soon to be) best hockey player on earth

There's very little you can do about bad management, sure you can punt them if they do something wildly egregious, like the former Clippers owner but I'm not sure there's much you can do about wild incompetence

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
McDavid frustrated with the Oilers. I think it's increasingly likely we see him play with the Leafs one day.

yah. but things can change in seven years.
i mean it's Edmonton, but still.

it's a good day to be McDavid's hometown team

yah but it's not like he's a ufa or will demand a trade. plus i mean, theoretically we could suck by the time he is a UFA (I HOPE not).

If the Oilers are a mess next season (which is a high probability) his agent will start pushing for a trade behind the scenes.
You cant have a historic talent like this on a team that cant even make the playoffs in the lessar of the two conferences.
I would be shocked if McDavid is on the Oilers 3 years from now.

is he that kind of person though? like he was with Erie who sucked for a while. and he never forced a trade. (I know that's junior, but everyone keeps saying he finds it on himself to try to make things better, not duck out).

well. that's why you shouldn't sign eight year deals. I said it before and I said it again. he would have been better off signing a five year deal and getting a lay of the land, before committing. (that's why i don't have an issue with the length of Matthews contract. what i will have issue is how they came up w/that number, but whatever).

There's very little you can do about bad management, sure you can punt them if they do something wildly egregious, like the former Clippers owner but I'm not sure there's much you can do about wild incompetence

and the only reason why they punted him was because everyone was all "we're not playing until he's going."
everyone in that Organization sucks.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
yah. but things can change in seven years.
i mean it's Edmonton, but still.

yah but it's not like he's a ufa or will demand a trade. plus i mean, theoretically we could suck by the time he is a UFA (I HOPE not).

is he that kind of person though? like he was with Erie who sucked for a while. and he never forced a trade. (I know that's junior, but everyone keeps saying he finds it on himself to try to make things better, not duck out).

well. that's why you shouldn't sign eight year deals. I said it before and I said it again. he would have been better off signing a five year deal and getting a lay of the land, before committing. (that's why i don't have an issue with the length of Matthews contract. what i will have issue is how they came up w/that number, but whatever).

and the only reason why they punted him was because everyone was all "we're not playing until he's going."
everyone in that Organization sucks.

Oilers management is incompetent, that's wildly different than being caught making rasist comments on tape

Ones the definition of "bringing the game into disrepute"
The others just being dumb, and there's nothing inherently wrong with that

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Yeah, a lot can change in 7 years. Its definitely way too early to actually be thinking of it. But man oh man, would that be something.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Oilers management is incompetent, that's wildly different than being caught making rasist comments on tape

Ones the definition of "bringing the game into disrepute"
The others just being dumb, and there's nothing inherently wrong with that

...okay? i was explaining why the clippers guy got punted. he only got punted because the players refused to play while he was in charge, i didn't say the two were similar or anything.

(oh to be fair i didn't finish my comment. lol everyone in that organization sucks, but it starts with kaatz, and if Bettman can't do anything w/Melnyk, he can't do anything with someone who wants to relive the glory years of Edmonton past)

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
...okay? i was explaining why the clippers guy got punted. he only got punted because the players refused to play while he was in charge, i didn't say the two were similar or anything.

(oh to be fair i didn't finish my comment. lol everyone in that organization sucks, but it starts with kaatz, and if Bettman can't do anything w/Melnyk, he can't do anything with someone who wants to relive the glory years of Edmonton past)

Even if the players didn't sit I think the Clippers owner was going, it's a league with a large African-American player base and ethnically diverse fan base

His position and ownership just wasn't tenable in that situation

I've got to admit I like some crazy/incompetent owners, it makes the league way more interesting watching the crazy **** there up to

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
oof Jets are completely collapsing gotta be feeling a bit uneasy around Winnipeg right about now

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I kinda feel bad for San Jose.

This is probably their best year to make it out of the West, but their goaltending will likely cause them to be bounced by Vegas

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I kinda feel bad for San Jose.

This is probably their best year to make it out of the West, but their goaltending will likely cause them to be bounced by Vegas
I would too, but Jones being bad is not a new thing and they've done nothing to address it.

If they had acquired Halak last summer, they'd be lethal this year.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Glad we screwed the habs tonight. Hopefully the Caps win on Thursday, along with CAR and CBJ wins by the weekend, so our game on Saturday can be meaningless.
The Habs will be looking to screw our Leafs with an injury or two on Saturday night, so, it might be a little smug of us to be clapping so hard about our teams loss to the Canes!

I'd would have rather beat the Canes, and then, beat the Habs to ruin their playoff aspirations. The Habs likely don't resort to dirty tactics if they still have something to play for on Saturday.

JMHO.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
The Habs will be looking to screw our Leafs with an injury or two on Saturday night, so, it might be a little smug of us to be clapping so hard about our teams loss to the Canes!

I'd would have rather beat the Canes, and then, beat the Habs to ruin their playoff aspirations. The Habs likely don't resort to dirty tactics if they still have something to play for on Saturday.

JMHO.

Do you really think they’ll intentionally try to injury someone if the game is meaningless? Having said that, Sparks probably should be in net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad