Around the League vol 3: March 2, Firing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
I hate to be dramatic but Chia has got to be the worst GM of all time. After doing some good in Boston, he really f***ed himself. I can't imagine how one can think it was a smart move to do the things he did.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I hate to be dramatic but Chia has got to be the worst GM of all time. After doing some good in Boston, he really ****ed himself. I can't imagine how one can think it was a smart move to do the things he did.
The City of Edmonton needs to take back responsibility for their water treatment program. Let the Edmonton Oilers worry about hockey.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Really upset Chia’s been fired.

Was hoping we could hood wink McDavid out of him. Now I guess not....
Heh. I felt the same although a bit less ambitious. I was thinking about Klefbom as a Gardiner replacement. I could see him do a reverse Chiarelli and make a big downgrade just to get some scoring back. "One step forward, three step back" is his favorite move after all.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Andy third in mid season Vezina voting, Reilly second for Norris AND Lady Byng. Fossil Lou, who completely ruined our envy of the league franchise and is still a mentor to Dubas according to Kyle, third for GM of year.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Is there a reason why anyone would believe this?
The Oilers are a pretty dysfunctional franchise but at the very least they will interview candidates before offering them jobs.

Reactions: nofehr

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Heh. I felt the same although a bit less ambitious. I was thinking about Klefbom as a Gardiner replacement. I could see him do a reverse Chiarelli and make a big downgrade just to get some scoring back. "One step forward, three step back" is his favorite move after all.
Still could happen. Jake makes a lot of sense for them as he can QB their PP.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
i don't know why anyone would want the job. I mean. Chia was dumbo. and I always said he was. but it's clear as spit that that the issue lays with the fact that Kaatz has his fingers in all the pie and it wouldn't surprise me if Lowe etc influence some aspects of everything.
Your right Daisy but the fact that non of the old boys are front and center right now shows that perhaps that they have learned that they need to step back and zip it.

The owner has also been silent and maybe he has also learned that it is better to be seen and not heard.

No one has been offered the job as of yet and I can think of one real good reason why someone will want the job. Connor!

Reactions: ULF_55

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
For all the talk about Tampa’s dominance, the Flames are making quite the push themselves.

The Lindholm and Hanifin trade was a good one for them

It was a good trade for them.
And they changed the coach.

The trade was a hockey trade, and they moved good assets to accomplish it. They paid well and were rewarded well. Not some TDD throwing away assets hoping they get 2 months of value.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Is there a reason why anyone would believe this?
The Oilers are a pretty dysfunctional franchise but at the very least they will interview candidates before offering them jobs.

I'm assuming it was posted as a joke, I hope nobody is dumb enough to believe it? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad