Around the League vol 3: March 2, Firing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Your right Daisy but the fact that non of the old boys are front and center right now shows that perhaps that they have learned that they need to step back and zip it.

The owner has also been silent and maybe he has also learned that it is better to be seen and not heard.

No one has been offered the job as of yet and I can think of one real good reason why someone will want the job. Connor!

Honestly, I don't think it is as bad as most are making it out to be. Media likes to ummm emphasize things.

I think they are just missing 2 top 6 wingers, and they need their best defender back.

They do have Horton or I mean Sekeras eating up 5.5 on LTIR, he was in their line-up when they made the playoffs.

Over the past 2 playoffs years, they've won 7 playoffs games, Leafs 5. Yes, I know they missed last year after winning a round the year before.

Take Rielly and Hainsey out of the Leafs line-up and tell me how they'd fair.

Get a winger for McDavid this summer (there are UFA's available). Yes, they're going to have to be creative, just like the Leafs to have 5 forwards making in the $43 million range. CM, RNH, LD, ML and $9 million free agent, about equal to JT, AM, MM, WN, NK for cap hit.

And yes, McDavid is a decent cornerstone to build upon.

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
If the next CBA adds compliance buyouts and if they can convince Seattle to take a contract like how Vegas did they can clear up space.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Honestly, I don't think it is as bad as most are making it out to be. Media likes to ummm emphasize things.

I think they are just missing 2 top 6 wingers, and they need their best defender back.

They do have Horton or I mean Sekeras eating up 5.5 on LTIR, he was in their line-up when they made the playoffs.

Over the past 2 playoffs years, they've won 7 playoffs games, Leafs 5. Yes, I know they missed last year after winning a round the year before.

Take Rielly and Hainsey out of the Leafs line-up and tell me how they'd fair.

Get a winger for McDavid this summer (there are UFA's available). Yes, they're going to have to be creative, just like the Leafs to have 5 forwards making in the $43 million range. CM, RNH, LD, ML and $9 million free agent, about equal to JT, AM, MM, WN, NK for cap hit.

And yes, McDavid is a decent cornerstone to build upon.
Keep defending the oilers, but leafs are much better.
Also even without Rielly and Hainsey, leafs come out on top.
The Oilers in their 3rd rebuild are well behind the leafs in their first rebuild

Oilers are a disaster. Take out McDavid and they are regulation level.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Keep defending the oilers, but leafs are much better.
Also even without Rielly and Hainsey, leafs come out on top.
The Oilers in their 3rd rebuild are well behind the leafs in their first rebuild

Oilers are a disaster. Take out McDavid and they are regulation level.

Did I say the Oilers were better?

Obviously, if you take away their best player they're probably lining up for another top 3 pick.

Odds of them getting someone like Tavares to sign up via free agency is extremely remote. Heck I won't go to Edmonton for a 50% salary increase ...

Without Rielly and Hainsey the Leafs are probably middle of the pack.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Did I say the Oilers were better?

Obviously, if you take away their best player they're probably lining up for another top 3 pick.

Odds of them getting someone like Tavares to sign up via free agency is extremely remote. Heck I won't go to Edmonton for a 50% salary increase ...

Without Rielly and Hainsey the Leafs are probably middle of the pack.
Middle of the pack is still ahead of the Oilers.

Reactions: Marner to Matthews

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Also, Dermott was a Dubas pick not Hunter.
This is interesting to me, because I see all the time people attribute the bad drafting to Hunter, and this pick to Dubas along with the trade down idea, but how do we know? That era with Lou as our GM I saw as a sort of three headed hydra, but who was really responsible for what, and when was there a consensus and when were there disputes?
I sure hope the Zaitsev signing was all Lou.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Really upset Chia’s been fired.

Was hoping we could hood wink McDavid out of him. Now I guess not....
Secret strategy.
Hunter infiltrates the Oilers as GM, and drives the team even further into the ground.
McDavid gives up hope, and when his contract expires joins the Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad