Around the League vol 3: March 2, Firing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
it's hard to believe Buffalo is going to miss the playoffs after leading the league

That 10 game win streak was the luckiest win streak of all time. They won all of those games by 1 goal and had several OT wins. Despite that win streak, their goal differential was trash.

Hard to believe that Buffalo isn't even where the Leafs were 3 years ago (95 points and a wild card team).

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
That 10 game win streak was the luckiest win streak of all time. They won all of those games by 1 goal and had several OT wins. Despite that win streak, their goal differential was trash.

Hard to believe that Buffalo isn't even where the Leafs were 3 years ago (95 points and a wild card team).
yeah, but you'd think that a 10 game win streak would let them bank enough points to still compete for a wild card spot. Instead, their season is already over. Definitely a disappointing year if you're a Sabres fan, since they had hope

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
He will be a hard trade, the oiler will want something good in return just in case he turns into a player, other teams won't want to give up much in case he continues to struggle and he only develops into a 3/4 line guy

I think that’s the thing, Oilers pretty much gave up on him making him open to trade. I think PoolParty is going to be a huge project like at least a full year in the AHL and then take it from there. I think Marleau will be a good deal, Oilers get a mid 6 winger with leadership and can still skate with McDavid and the Leafs get to shed some salary and get a young prospect back.
If only Leivo is still around, then that’s the perfect trade.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
yeah, but you'd think that a 10 game win streak would let them bank enough points to still compete for a wild card spot. Instead, their season is already over. Definitely a disappointing year if you're a Sabres fan, since they had hope

Yeah, if Montreal and NYI make the playoffs and the Sabres still don't make it, you have to wonder what the heck is wrong with them. They lack depth and their coaching and management isn't that great either.

If Carolina didn't gift them Skinner, they would be close to dead last. They are stuck in a pickle with Skinner. He's likely going to get 45-50 goals. Do you overypay him because of his career year (lets be honest, he's not worth an 8 year extension of 8-9M) trade him before the deadline or let him walk?

I wouldn't want to make that decision. Has a bad ending no matter what you choose because you don't make the playoffs this year.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
But that’s the progress that supposed to happen. Not even we expected the team to get a WC spot when Matthews and the others played in their first season. I think the Sabres is on the right track now but I can see them overpaying Skinner this summer.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
But that’s the progress that supposed to happen. Not even we expected the team to get a WC spot when Matthews and the others played in their first season. I think the Sabres is on the right track now but I can see them overpaying Skinner this summer.
nah, Buffalo is not as good as they should be. I wonder where they'd be if they kept ROR rather than gave him away for nothing. they're still a legitimately bad team, and their roster has pretty much all of their good young players on it already

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I want to feel bad for the Oilers, I really do, and it's too bad because they have some fantastic fans out west that don't deserve that crap.....

But then I remember how BADLY they shit all over Leaf fans on here, same with Sabre fans, and it makes it hard to feel bad for them.

The Sabres will have 3 first round picks this year lol so maybe I should not feel bad for them.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Maybe a trade could happen, Zai, Marner, Kadri and Jake for McDavid at the draft.
That way, Oilers if they can resign Jake will have 2 top 4 dman, Marner who is as good as a playmaker as McDavid, and Kadri a very good 2c. Oilers will have a Drai-Marner topline with Kadri and RNH as the other 2cs along with Larsson, Nurse, Klefbom, Sekera, Zai and Jake as their Dman, another advantage is both Zai and Jake are very effective on the PP.

IF Dubas can pull this off, I don't care what happen till he leaves the Leafs, he is a legend in my book.
Then use the left over money to resign Kap and AJ while also using picks to trade for a top 4 Dman.
AJ-Matthews-Kap
Hyman-JT-Willie
Marleau-McDavid-Brown
Leafs Defense might take a hit if Dubas can't sign another Dman but I am okay with that.

Wouldn’t McDavid then request a trade out of Toronto?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
At this point, you have to think that McElhinney is one of those odd, rare goaltenders who just somehow become the best version of themselves in their 30's. He went from mediocre backup to great backup to doing great as a starter.

Goalies are voodoo. I like Carolina and I like McElhinney. Hope they make the playoffs over the Habs lol.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Blues win again, making it 9 in a row. 8 points behind Nashville with 3 games in hand

They play @ MIN tomorrow before our tilt on Tuesday, so it will be their 3rd game in 4 days (4th in 6)
The fact that the Blues are in great shape and O’Reilly being a Leafs killer, I think that’s going to be a tough game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad