Around the League vol 3: March 2, Firing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Maybe a trade could happen, Zai, Marner, Kadri and Jake for McDavid at the draft.
That way, Oilers if they can resign Jake will have 2 top 4 dman, Marner who is as good as a playmaker as McDavid, and Kadri a very good 2c. Oilers will have a Drai-Marner topline with Kadri and RNH as the other 2cs along with Larsson, Nurse, Klefbom, Sekera, Zai and Jake as their Dman, another advantage is both Zai and Jake are very effective on the PP.

IF Dubas can pull this off, I don't care what happen till he leaves the Leafs, he is a legend in my book.
Then use the left over money to resign Kap and AJ while also using picks to trade for a top 4 Dman.
AJ-Matthews-Kap
Hyman-JT-Willie
Marleau-McDavid-Brown
Leafs Defense might take a hit if Dubas can't sign another Dman but I am okay with that.

Last edited:

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Maybe a trade could happen, Zai, Marner, Kadri and Jake for McDavid at the draft.
That way, Oilers if they can resign Jake will have 2 top 4 dman, Marner who is as good as a playmaker as McDavid, and Kadri a very good 2c. Oilers will have a Drai-Marner topline with Kadri and RNH as the other 2cs along with Larsson, Nurse, Klefbom, Sekera, Zai and Jake as their Dman, another advantage is both Zai and Jake are very effective on the PP.

IF Dubas can pull this off, I don't care what happen till he leaves the Leafs, he is a legend in my book.
Then use the left over money to resign Kap and AJ while also using picks to trade for a top 4 Dman.
AJ-Matthews-Kap
Hyman-JT-Willie
Marleau-McDavid-Brown
Leafs Defense might take a hit if Dubas can't sign another Dman but I am okay with that.
haha did you really just make connor mcdavid our 3rd line center and give him brown and marleau? dude...:help:o_O

Reactions: RomanianLeafs

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
haha did you really just make connor mcdavid our 3rd line center and give him brown and marleau? dude...:help:o_O
If he comes, I don't think you can call 1st, 2nd and 3rd line anymore due to all those talented Cs.
As for Marleau and Brown. Marleau is a vet and actually is the best winger McDavid ever play with beside Drai. Brown and McDavid go way back since their Otters days.
Just trying to make McDavid to feel more like home.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
If he comes, I don't think you can call 1st, 2nd and 3rd line anymore due to all those talented Cs.
As for Marleau and Brown. Marleau is a vet and actually is the best winger McDavid ever play with beside Drai. Brown and McDavid go way back since their Otters days.
Just trying to make McDavid to feel more like home.
i would give him kappy and some other blazing fast player and make it the fastest line in the league, i like brown, just not with mcdavid..marleau this year not so much. but that line is a wasted mcdavid imo.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
7 minutes into the game and Tampa is on their 2nd PP, and score. Every time I watch them it's the exact same
They are the best team in hockey and dominate games on a pretty consistent basis. Team has 3 players that will be in the top 1p in scoring once the season is done along with elite depth. Ridiculous how they havent lost their depth yet but they should lose one of miller/ Johnson this offseason.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
They are the best team in hockey and dominate games on a pretty consistent basis. Team has 3 players that will be in the top 1p in scoring once the season is done along with elite depth. Ridiculous how they havent lost their depth yet but they should lose one of miller/ Johnson this offseason.

I wanna see what they do this off season. Kucherovs 9.5 cap kicks in next season, Point gonna get paid a lot of money, Stralman, Giradi and Cobourn all FAs which isn't terrible but other then Cal Foote who might they get to finish up their blue line, Gourdes new 5.16 cap hit kicks in next season. They gotta be looking into moving at least 2 people up front out of Callahan(obvious choice), Miller, Killorn and maybe Johnson and Palat. I know all we hear about is our off season and what we're gonna do, but I might be more interested in Winnipeg and Tampa bay. Should be a busy off season with potentially lots of trades.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006

I'd love to know what they think a proper return is. He is a former 3rd overall pick who hasn't development under their tutelage.

They aren't going to get anything remotely close to the pick they used on him. But trading him for peanuts on the dollar just may bite them in the rear as it did with the Coyotes and Strome. I honestly have no clue what the right scenario is -- cut bait and move on and get back whatever you can get, or ride it out hoping he figures it out and/or increases his value.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I wonder if we can get poolparty....
he just needs some tender loving stability.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
He will be a hard trade, the oiler will want something good in return just in case he turns into a player, other teams won't want to give up much in case he continues to struggle and he only develops into a 3/4 line guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad