Around the League VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Being trusted as a penalty killer and on the ice in late game situations on a team that's won 2 of the last 3 cups as a 22 year old.

He does look better but he won't keep shooting 21.6% .

That being said, the Pens have made some good moves to try another SC run.

TB is clearly the team to beat in the East but the Pens are second IMO, especially if they get Letang and Matta back.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
1000 points for Malkin just now...

Wow, I wonder who else just assumed that he already had a 1000+.

Goes to show how much injuries have altered his career somewhat.

Still a top 3 forward since the lockout, without the injuries might be #2.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Wow, I wonder who else just assumed that he already had a 1000+.

Goes to show how much injuries have altered his career somewhat.

Still a top 3 forward since the lockout, without the injuries might be #2.
Still a #1 douche (hey, I've got a LONG memory - re: him crosschecking Willie Mitchell headfirst into the boards).

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
I’m always honest in my opinions. This McCann we’re seeing in Pittsburgh would be wonderful to have on Petey’s or Bo’s wing right now. But that’s not the McCann who played for the Canucks or Panthers. The guy needed TWO wake up calls to do this. To think he could’ve played like this for us if only we were patient enough is doubtful. It’s kinda like Kassian. He needed the change of scenery to wake up and start being a pro.

numerous wakeup calls later, still sleeping: linden vey, luca sbisa, adam clendening, andrey pedan, emerson etem

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I'm still not convinced that Chayka is a good GM, but the fact that the Coyotes are ahead of the Canucks despite an internal cap along with their list of injuries is pretty ****ing hilarious.

There are 3 things I don't get that he's done that stand out. Trading Domi and Strome, these seem like frustration moves and he moved a year too early on both imho. Drafting Barrett Hayton over Zadina, but Hayton is having a good year (1.62 ppg and is a still only 18) so maybe he gets the last laugh but I feel he should traded down at least.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Anyone watch the Draisaitl/McDavid interview?

Who did they cite as their funniest teammate? Yeah, it was Zack Kassian, they gave a glaring recommendation of him. Zack was always loved by all his teammates.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
There are 3 things I don't get that he's done that stand out. Trading Domi and Strome, these seem like frustration moves and he moved a year too early on both imho. Drafting Barrett Hayton over Zadina, but Hayton is having a good year (1.62 ppg and is a still only 18) so maybe he gets the last laugh but I feel he should traded down at least.
The other move I questioned to this day was the Stepan and raantana deal from NYR for pick 7 in 2017. Rangers were high on Pettersson and tried to get ahead of Canucks. But NJ and Phi as division rivals were not moving down as their guy would not be there. Talking mittlestadt or Anderson or Vilardi at that point. Neither Dal nor Col wanted to leave without their Dman.

Not sure what the gain to AZ will be from that deal? Surprised they didn’t keep the pick and continue to build.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
The other move I questioned to this day was the Stepan and raantana deal from NYR for pick 7 in 2017. Rangers were high on Pettersson and tried to get ahead of Canucks. But NJ and Phi as division rivals were not moving down as their guy would not be there. Talking mittlestadt or Anderson or Vilardi at that point. Neither Dal nor Col wanted to leave without their Dman.

Not sure what the gain to AZ will be from that deal? Surprised they didn’t keep the pick and continue to build.
Yeah to me that was Chayka's worst move.

Strome is a really good player, but wasn't working out there and Schmaltz was fantastic before going down with injury. The Stepan deal looks terrible in hindsight, especially with how injury prone Raanta has been.

TraderJim

Um.. like.. you know
Apr 18, 2006

This is the dumbest take I’ve ever seen in my life.

You are not even the most passionate fan base in a beer league like MLS, let alone “in the world”

Did you even read what is in the tweet?

Toronto FC's fan culture is like no other in the world."

That is the dumbest thing you have ever seen in your life? It isn't saying it is the best in the world or the most passionate. It is saying it is DIFFERENT from anywhere else in the same way every culture is different from each other.

Talk about hyper-sensitivity.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Did you even read what is in the tweet?

That is the dumbest thing you have ever seen in your life? It isn't saying it is the best in the world or the most passionate. It is saying it is DIFFERENT from anywhere else in the same way every culture is different from each other.

Talk about hyper-sensitivity.
Thats just Billys style, he hates soccer so much :laugh:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
capitals and lightning play 3 times in just over 2 weeks coming up. should be interesting to watch.
I just cant see the Caps beating Tampa if they play again in the playoffs this year. But i didnt think they would last year and did. Tampa just seems so much more better depth

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
I can't wait for when the Leafs lose in the first round to watch that market absolutely disintegrate.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Jesus christ ARZ got burned badly in that Perlini/Strome deal. Hawks look rejuvenated.

Happened to see the Yotes lately? Strome is fitting in well but so too was Schmaltz before he got hurt. Right now they are in a playoff spot. 8-2 in the last 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad