Around the League VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
If Tampa Bay goes .500 in their remaining 12 games, they'll still put up the 6th-best season in league history. Also, they're still capable of setting the all-time record (although they would have to go 11-0-1 to do it)
would be hilarious if they to hockey’s version of lebron (crosby) similar to golden state when they set the wins record.

(yeah i know lebron’s way better and they’re completely different sports just let me post more about the warriors blowing a 3-1 lead)

Reactions: Zombotron

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
would be hilarious if they to hockey’s version of lebron (crosby) similar to golden state when they set the wins record.

(yeah i know lebron’s way better and they’re completely different sports just let me post more about the warriors blowing a 3-1 lead)

LeCrosby's gotta make the playoffs first... sound familiar?? ;) (jk the Habs won't catch them)

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
The whole “homophobia slur” is kinda stupid.

All those racist, sexist, homophobic slurs are nothing but words, they are ultimately powerless.

It’s the reaction every time some one uses them that give those words so much powers.

Humanity is dumb

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013

All those racist, sexist, homophobic slurs are nothing but words, they are ultimately powerless.

It’s the reaction every time some one uses them that give those words so much powers.

Humanity is dumb
In a game full of men and rage yes I agree. But as a league when its caught on camera they definitely have to address it. PR matters.

Reactions: Neddam ot Sehguh

Upoil

Zaboomafoo
Aug 8, 2010
Bermuda

Humanity is dumb

I get where you are coming from; but you'd be naive to think words are ultimately powerless.

Words have immense power. Which is why restricting speech etc is the first order in any totalitarian regime.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
McCann would be the perfect poor mans Horvat... god he would good in a Cancuks uniform...exactly why you don’t trade prospects before you know what they are...

Forsling.....burned....

McCann ......burned.....

Dahlen?.....

I try and stay positive but trading prospects and countless picks when you’re trying to rebuild is so counter productive...

Reactions: PM and mossey3535

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I doubt McCann will be effective in the playoffs when it really counts. Still not a big loss.
How can you not see it as a loss? I dont get it, his play has picked up a ton, Ive watched him play in Pittsburgh, he AINT EATING CROSBYS Coats Tails. This kid is exploding on the scene. We traded him and higher picks for a very controversial dman

Put up that trade in any forum any discussion any GMs and ask who won that trade. We got roasted, doesnt mean Benning hasnt done some good moves RMB

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Crazy that you'd move on from a guy for being an entitled 19 year old or whatever. Lo and behold since he's left he hasn't any notable issues and is finding his groove with Pittsburgh. And we have Tanner Pearson to show for it..sigh

Reactions: PM and Hit the post

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Crazy that you'd move on from a guy for being an entitled 19 year old or whatever. Lo and behold since he's left he hasn't any notable issues and is finding his groove with Pittsburgh. And we have Tanner Pearson to show for it..sigh
Like HTP said, we also lost a lotta picks to give up Mccann... :(

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Yeah, boys, I don't know about McCann. Let's trade him and the chance to draft Alex DeBrincat for a useless slug of a defenseman who'll last less than three years here. It's cool. Bo Horvat can lead us to the playoffs dragging third and fourth-liners around for the next half decade. McCann hung out with Justin Bieber once so I don't like him. It's cool that we threw two top-nine players away because McCann probably won't be good in the playoffs. Too bad we didn't trade McCann for Victor Loov when we had the chance. I love Loov.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad