Around the League VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Continue here.

Previous Threads:

Around the League II: https://hfboards.mandatory.com/thre...ague-ii-dorion-got-what-for-karlsson.2540625/

Around the League III: 2018 Around the League III: The OTT players said WHAT?

Around the League IV: 2019 Around the League

Around the League V: 2019 Around the League II

Around the League VI: Around the League VI

Last post in previous thread:

Not quite.

Reinhart trade happened in the 2015 summer, while the Lucic signing happened in the 2016 summer.

In the 2015 draft Milan Lucic was traded to LA, there’s reports that the Canucks offered their 1st pick + for him. Imagine if we had dealt Brock Boeser for Milan Lucic.

Also were reports that the teams offered Horvat, Tanev and the 5th for PK Subban.

“rebuild”

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
@Fire Benning
(Random thought: Interesting how there's 3 other Fire Coach or GM name here screen names on the boards with Fire Hakstol, Ken Holland, Sweeney + also a Fire Benning Now)

So, what you're suggesting is we lucked into being closer to looking like a rebuild due to more failed deals, that in hindsight would have been awful deals for us?

Oof. I mean, take rumors with a grain of salt... but if they were even close to true that's just more par for the course.

Last edited:

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
@Fire Benning
(Random thought: Interesting how there's 3 other Fire Coach or GM name here screen names on the boards with Fire Hakstol, Ken Holland, Sweeney + also a Fire Benning Now)

So, what you're suggesting is we lucked into being closer to looking like a rebuild due to more failed deals, that in hindsight would have been awful deals for us?

Oof. I mean, take rumors with a grain of salt... but if they were even close to true that's just more par for the course.

Benning flat out said that he "worked real hard" on the Lucic trade and thought he made a better offer than the one Boston accepted from LA. The odds that it would have included the 2015 1st are roughly 90%. Can't see how he could have made a competitive offer without it.

Scumbag Frank

Hard Time in the Slammer
Apr 13, 2010
Vancouver
Chiarelli = Lucic
Benning = Eriksson

Chiarelli = Reinhart for No. 16 and 33
Benning = Gudbranson and 140 for McCann and 33, 93.

Chiarelli gives up on Schultz and sends him to Pittsburgh
Benning gives up on Bonino and sends him to Pittsburgh

Chiarelli trades for Spooner
Benning trades for Spooner

Chia fires a coach
Benning fires a coach

Chia gets fired
Benning: ______

Reactions: B-rock

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
Benning flat out said that he "worked real hard" on the Lucic trade and thought he made a better offer than the one Boston accepted from LA. The odds that it would have included the 2015 1st are roughly 90%. Can't see how he could have made a competitive offer without it.

To be fair, I dont think he specifically said his offer was better, just that he worked hard on it.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
“I guess Boston felt they were getting a better deal from LA,” to me, implies that he thinks his offer was better. He didn’t say it explicitly but he also didn’t say “We were outbid by LA” and in any case the offer must have been competitive.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
“I guess Boston felt they were getting a better deal from LA,” to me, implies that he thinks his offer was better. He didn’t say it explicitly but he also didn’t say “We were outbid by LA” and in any case the offer must have been competitive.
Obviously

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Lucic was still a valuable top 6 forward at the time
LA probably thought the mid first round pick would not turn out to be anything special, and they were damn lucky that Boston botched two of their three first rounders that draft

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I thought Vancouver surrendered a ton of shots.

Toronto is barely half way through the game and is on pace for 50+ shots against.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Tampa dumped the puck in on the pk with one man forechecking
Toronto decided to go on a full change and Tamp scored a 3 on 1 short handed goal
What a gong show

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Tampa is just so casually being the best team in the NHL since the 2010-11 Canucks. Like, they're chugging along at a .783 PT% and have only lost back to back games in regulation once this year.

Results

Sep 3, 2006
Vancouver
Couture breaks in alone, takes a hook, and the ref signals for a penalty shot.

The play can't be challenged for the close play at the line "because it wasn't a goal."

Couture then proceeds to score on said penalty shot. The refs have to awkwardly call Toronto after the goal for clarification, because everyone involved is confused, from the refs to the coaches to the announcers. At no point was this goal challengeable, despite being a textbook challenge in today's NHL.

Boudreau looks on in ruddy disbelief.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
If Tampa Bay goes .500 in their remaining 12 games, they'll still put up the 6th-best season in league history. Also, they're still capable of setting the all-time record (although they would have to go 11-0-1 to do it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad