Around the League VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Explain?
Koskinen is not a starter
Stolarz is nothing but an average back up now
Don’t know how this look good on them, they can’t even solve their goaltending in FA because they are so tight against the cap

Talbot is a pending UFA.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Yeah but getting a 25 years old back up who hasn’t been any good is a win????
Would rather try to go for draft picks, since their next few seasons are already screwed anyway

Talbot had one good year - he's not anything special, except for that one playoff berth. Talbot has little to no value. Pending UFA who has one good year under his belt as a starter. Oilers should be happy it was Stolarz and not Elliott.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Talbot has been atrocious this season, is 30,and a UFA. They needed to dump his salary to activate sekera and couldn't expect anything in return.

Reactions: DarrenX

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Talbot has been atrocious this season, is 30,and a UFA. They needed to dump his salary to activate sekera and couldn't expect anything in return.

Basically this. The fact they got a 25 year old starter who has similar numbers this season, whether it a smaller sample size or not, is a win.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Talbot had one good year - he's not anything special, except for that one playoff berth. Talbot has little to no value. Pending UFA who has one good year under his belt as a starter. Oilers should be happy it was Stolarz and not Elliott.
Well, I guess in that sense, their goaltending are f***ed what ever they do

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Why Philadelphia bothered to make this trade, I have no idea. They're out of the playoff race and just cycling through warm bodies in goal, of which Talbot will be the most expensive one.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Well, I guess in that sense, their goaltending are ****ed what ever they do

Basically. Not even sure if there were talks Talbot would stay or go, but he was a pending UFA in Edmonton...Oilers should be happy to get something that MAY be of value to them. They are going to see what Stolarz is worth down this last stretch of the season, as they need to play him to avoid, I believe it's group 6 of UFA

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Contract talks with both Kevin Hayes & Mats Zuccarello agents when we are closer to TDL.

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Why Philadelphia bothered to make this trade, I have no idea. They're out of the playoff race and just cycling through warm bodies in goal, of which Talbot will be the most expensive one.

...the constant carousel kinda makes it even more irritating they have been holding onto McKenna.

Carl Carlson

Jan 7, 2009
I'm guessing they are looking to sign Talbot to a much cheaper deal to be the backup for next year? Otherwise the move makes zero sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad