Around the League VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Continue here.

Previous Threads:

Around the League II: https://hfboards.mandatory.com/thre...ague-ii-dorion-got-what-for-karlsson.2540625/

Around the League III: 2018 Around the League III: The OTT players said WHAT?

Around the League IV: 2019 Around the League

Around the League V: 2019 Around the League II

Last post from previous thread:
A shame we never got to see McCann centering Virtanen for a prolonged period of time. Two thirds of a third line right there.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
I’m glad that the Oilers fans don’t understand why their team sucks. They are still blaming Chiarelli, the upper management e.g. Kevin Lowe, the owner Daryl Katz, the teams culture, Ken Hitchcock, and heck some are even blaming McDavid! Everything except the one causal reason why they are in this mess, Their inept scouting Dept. I hope they never figure it out!

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
I’m glad that the Oilers fans don’t understand why their team sucks. They are still blaming Chiarelli, the upper management e.g. Kevin Lowe, the owner Daryl Katz, the teams culture, Ken Hitchcock, and heck some are even blaming McDavid! Everything except the one causal reason why they are in this mess, Their inept scouting Dept. I hope they never figure it out!

Is it inept scouting thats the issue or inept development of prospects? Obviously both play a part, but I think the developing its a tad more guilty that the drafting.

Reactions: mossey3535

DomY

Aug 11, 2008
What is the best case scenario for Ottawa in the short term (3 years) now that it looks like Stone, Duchene and probably Dzingle are on the way out? They have Chabot who is turning into a star, but frankly I struggle to name 3 players on their roster aside from the UFAs, Ryan, Anderson, Chabot and Tkachuk.

They can trade Stone and Duchene for first rounders, but not getting their own pick sets the rebuild back at least one year. I would probably prefer to have an expansion team than to start with what Ottawa has at the moment.

DarrenX

Apr 15, 2014
They can trade Stone and Duchene for first rounders, but not getting their own pick sets the rebuild back at least one year. I would probably prefer to have an expansion team than to start with what Ottawa has at the moment.

The Duchene trade was baffling at the time and even more so now. I don't know what happened to that franchise, 2 years ago they were an OT goal away from the SC final...but players don't seem to want to stay there anymore. Whatever it is, it's starting to be reflected in attendance. (Doesn't help that the arena is 25km out of downtown in the middle of nowhere.. it's as though the Canucks played on Annacis Island).

Maybe Quebec City will wind up with them.... could hardly be worse.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Sullivan trusting McCann enoughbto trust a lead? Saw he got the ENG

They’re using him as a shutdown C and he seems to be doing well in that role so far.

The same Canucks fans who think he’s trash are probably the same people who defended the Beagle signing by saying “goals aren’t everything!!”

Last edited:

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
Friedman reported Hitchcock was thinking of stepping down as coach of the Oilers. How crazy would that have been (be)? Just goes to show that you don't say you've hit rock bottom because you can always go deeper.

Reactions: valkynax and timw33

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Friedman reported Hitchcock was thinking of stepping down as coach of the Oilers. How crazy would that have been (be)? Just goes to show that you don't say you've hit rock bottom because you can always go deeper.

giphy.gif

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
They’re using him as a shutdown C and he seems to be doing well in that role so far.

The same Canucks fans who think he’s trash are probably the same people who defended the Beagle signing by saying “goals aren’t everything!!”

Really makes you wish there was a veto option by Fans on some of Management's trades and signings.

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
What's below the ECHL?

The Central Hockey League? I don’t know if that even exists anymore to be honest.

I guess now the Southern Professional Hockey League, Federal Hockey League and Ligue Nord Americaine de Hockey are below the level of the ECHL.

The Central Hockey League folded in 2014 with some teams joining the ECHL. For those of us who think of the Central Hockey League as the league that had the Tulsa Oilers and Dallas Black Hawks as affiliates of the Canucks from the mid 70's to the early 80's, that league folded in 1984.

Reactions: PM

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
McCann playing exactly how a lot of us knew he could. Such a ****ing bad trade.

lol ok, we need to get over this McCann train, its starting to be reminiscent of the Gaunce Bros here.

McCann has played 220 games now in the NHL, producing 74 points. That's a large enough sample that indicates what type of player McCann will be, he will be a 20-30 point player. That's a replacement level player in the NHL.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
lol ok, we need to get over this McCann train, its starting to be reminiscent of the Gaunce Bros here.

McCann has played 220 games now in the NHL, producing 74 points. That's a large enough sample that indicates what type of player McCann will be, he will be a 20-30 point player. That's a replacement level player in the NHL.

Is Virtanen a replacement level NHLer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad