Around the League VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
Why Philadelphia bothered to make this trade, I have no idea. They're out of the playoff race and just cycling through warm bodies in goal, of which Talbot will be the most expensive one.

Apparently, Talbot and Hart train together in the off-season or some such thing. Point being there's a prior relationship there.

Have to think they might clear a few guys out at the deadline as well, but that's just me blindly speculating

That said, I like it for Edmonton too. They clear cap space & get a youngish goalie who may have some upside for a guy with negligible trade value

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
What's going on with the Wild exactly? I'm hearing mixed messages from the coach and GM?

There seem to be rumblings about the GM having the blessing from the owner to do whatever he feels is necessary to start some sort of rebuild/retool even if it costs them a playoff spot.

Probably the smart thing to do considering they've been dwelling in mediocrity for 2 decades and have scored 1 goal past the 2nd round in their entire existence. They have some pretty enticing pieces that they could sell off.

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
There seem to be rumblings about the GM having the blessing from the owner to do whatever he feels is necessary to start some sort of rebuild/retool even if it costs them a playoff spot.

Probably the smart thing to do considering they've been dwelling in mediocrity for 2 decades and have scored 1 goal past the 2nd round in their entire existence. They have some pretty enticing pieces that they could sell off.

I wish we would do this with our assets.

Rumor I saw lately was no one was interested in Sutter or Gudbranson though...

Also doesn't seem like we have any enticing assets currently aside from the Big Three, Edler and Tanev who are hurt again, and Markstrom maybe?

I don't think any of our other pieces have that much value currently.

Grip it N RYP it

Apr 20, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
giphy.gif

Reactions: Upoil and mathonwy

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Islanders are legit.

Lehner/Greiss have been amazing.

This was Trotz’s MO in Nashville, they had pretty average rosters for years and he was able brong their baseline up to the high 40 win range through whatever pixie dust he throws on teams, the downside was typically not being able to replicate that sucess in the postseason, we’ll see if that happens again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad