Around the League VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Erik Karlsson is the wild card in the west this year, if this player comes back healthy San Jose is my pick. Karlsson started the season slowly but looked absolutely fantastic before the all star game. Playing him in that game when he wasn't healthy was bush league from a top tier organization like San Jose.

Karlsson was not only the most productive defender in the sport after adjusting to San Jose, his shot differentials were absurdly good.

He's arguably having the best season of his career. Hopefully he comes back for the playoffs, fun to watch.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
He's arguably having the best season of his career. Hopefully he comes back for the playoffs, fun to watch.
Erik Karlsson in 2016 was the first defender since Bobby Orr to lead the league in assists but lost the Norris to Drew Doughty.

Karlsson should have 4 Norris trophies at this point. 2017 playoff Karlsson was the best player in the NHL.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Erik Karlsson in 2016 was the first defender since Bobby Orr to lead the league in assists but lost the Norris to Drew Doughty.

Karlsson should have 4 Norris trophies at this point. 2017 playoff Karlsson was the best player in the NHL.

Who was the poster who said that Ottawa would be a contender this year because losing Karlsson was addition by subtraction? Does anyone remember this?

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Oh. Yeah, that is actually disappointing. I had hoped it was said by an actual genuine poster so we could make fun of him. Nevermind.

Jesus christ, yeah he was put on ignore a long time ago. He stills likes some of my posts from time to time though, which is funny.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014

His best season was the one when he got his ankle sliced by Cooke. His skating was unreal before that injury. His pass to Hoffman in the playoffs against the Bruins two years ago was my single favourite play of his though.

Reactions: daddyohsix

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
It makes me think of a ****ty canucks themed RPG where Jim Benning has been imbued with flame throwing ability.
We need to get someone well versed in C++/Javascript on that, pronto.

I foresee a complete anti-Benning counter culture; fit with themed games, literature (@Jyrki21), art and music.

My god. It really does feel that ****ing long.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I’m honored that you put me in the literature category.
I think of you as the poet laureate of this board.:thumbu:
(I have no idea what the heck that really means :naughty:)

I’m curious to see who the Oilers will hire as their next GM. Hopefully, it’ll be another Oilers alumni and they can continue the endless cycle of rebuilding pl

Reactions: Jyrki21

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
And we only had to throw-in a 5th round pick to get the GREAT Prust who absolutely tore it up in a German league a couple seasons ago. Blame Gillis for giving Elmer nothing to work with.

prust paid off big time. he "mentored" our young 6th overall pick to... 12 goals.

8475178.jpg

SeasonAgeTmGPGAPTS
2018-1928EDM6412820
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

a stunning longterm investment.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
Before blaming Torts can we please realize that the pretty much happens everywhere that Duchene goes. I'm not sure what his advanced stats say but this guy always turns out to be a huge negative to whatever team he plays for. Avs are crap his whole tenure, as soon as he leaves there is an upturn. Sens reach Conf finals, he joins them next season and they immediately tank to the bottom of the league... and now the Blue Jackets...

I'm not sure it can even be defined but he's definitely less than the sum of his parts

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Shane O’Brien said the Leafs are very soft on the radio and I tend to agree. They aren’t built for the playoffs and will get pushed around I doubt they will win any playoff rounds as long as Dubas is in charge.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
Pretty sure the Avs were first in the conference with Matt Duchene.

People said the same thing about ROR at years start.

Avs were first in the conference when Duchene had a career year, and their roster was absolutely stacked? Yes I guess that 1 year invalidates the other 9....

Duchene can be a good 3rd/4th option on a team but when his role increases it never goes well on the whole. He's the Kessel of Centres

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Avs were first in the conference when Duchene had a career year, and their roster was absolutely stacked? Yes I guess that 1 year invalidates the other 9....

Duchene can be a good 3rd/4th option on a team but when his role increases it never goes well on the whole. He's the Kessel of Centres
Don’t see much of a problem with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad