Around the League VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Avs were first in the conference when Duchene had a career year, and their roster was absolutely stacked? Yes I guess that 1 year invalidates the other 9....

Duchene can be a good 3rd/4th option on a team but when his role increases it never goes well on the whole. He's the Kessel of Centres
Kessel averages ~80 pts for the last like 6 years and has 2 Stanley cups.
Thats hardly anything to criticize .

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
I appreciate three people reading my comment and completely missing the point. I'm saying that Duchene should never be counted on to lead a team even though he demands(see colorado saga) to be treated like that type of player.

Reactions: wetcoast

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
In points yeah, was never a team leader or even assistant captain in any league as far as I can remember.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Cq3oFkW.png

did they do the surge

B-rock

Jun 29, 2003
Vancouver
Before blaming Torts can we please realize that the pretty much happens everywhere that Duchene goes. I'm not sure what his advanced stats say but this guy always turns out to be a huge negative to whatever team he plays for. Avs are crap his whole tenure, as soon as he leaves there is an upturn. Sens reach Conf finals, he joins them next season and they immediately tank to the bottom of the league... and now the Blue Jackets...

I'm not sure it can even be defined but he's definitely less than the sum of his parts

Let's get him over here stat - for the tank

member 290103

Really unfortunate CBJ may not make the playoffs. Was hoping they would actually win a round or two so maybe a few GM’s would be willing to be as ballsy as CBJ was.

Hey ! Botchford read one of your tweets on the air today around 5pm - in their segment where they read tweets they like....one about the draft picks and acquisitions made by Benning since 2017. Nice!

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Hey ! Botchford read one of your tweets on the air today around 5pm - in their segment where they read tweets they like....one about the draft picks and acquisitions made by Benning since 2017. Nice!

Yeha he favorited it and replied to it today as well on twitter. :laugh: Wonder if I’ll be able to track down when and where he talked about it?

member 290103

Yeha he favorited it and replied to it today as well on twitter. :laugh: Wonder if I’ll be able to track down when and where he talked about it?

You easily could. I was driving home when it was on......so you'd be wanting to check the podcast at around 450 to 5pm....somehere in there.

Reactions: PG Canuck

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
You easily could. I was driving home when it was on......so you'd be wanting to check the podcast at around 450 to 5pm....somehere in there.

Is it the Patcast Podcast? Not really in tune with any of the media stuff. Thanks for any help.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Erik Karlsson in 2016 was the first defender since Bobby Orr to lead the league in assists but lost the Norris to Drew Doughty.

He was also a minus 2 that year.

The assist thing is a nice trivia question but the Sens missed the playoffs and where exactly in the Norris description does it mention being the assist leader ect....?

Karlsson should have 4 Norris trophies at this point. 2017 playoff Karlsson was the best player in the NHL.

And he could have zero Norris trophies as well like Weber and it wouldn't be a big deal.

His Norris wins were by the slimmest of margins, look them up.

17 playoffs Karlsson was his greatest stretch but it didn't translate to that level before or after that 19 game stretch either so some context is required here.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Who was the poster who said that Ottawa would be a contender this year because losing Karlsson was addition by subtraction? Does anyone remember this?

Well the Sens were 30th last year with Karlsson and they will be 30th this year and without the injuries and trades they might have actually been a bit better.

Sometimes people forget that the Sens weren't actually that good with Karlsson as their focal point.

Lots of reasons for this, starts with a really crappy owner.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Kessel averages ~80 pts for the last like 6 years and has 2 Stanley cups.
Thats hardly anything to criticize .

He is a compiler, needs to have others around him to actually accomplish anything, kind of a better modern version of Glenn Anderson.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Really unfortunate CBJ may not make the playoffs. Was hoping they would actually win a round or two so maybe a few GM’s would be willing to be as ballsy as CBJ was.

They are 2 points behind the Habs with 2 games in hand and have the tiebreaker as well.

I think they will squeak in ahead of the Habs.

That being said they really need to start playing better to get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad