Around the League VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
LMAO, what a stupid take. When did Anderson ever lead a Cup-winning team in playoff scoring? :rolleyes:

Obviously you have never heard of context right?

That's a trivia question with Kessel he wasn't driving the bus playing on the 3rd line the year he led the Pens in scoring in the playoffs.

Do you really think Bonino, Hagelin and Kessel was the best line on that Pens team?

If they were the number one line on that team and faced the other teams best matchups (ie replace Crosby and Malkin with average layers) the Pens wouldn't have made it out of the first round.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
He is a compiler, needs to have others around him to actually accomplish anything, kind of a better modern version of Glenn Anderson.
A better version of HOF level Glenn Anderson? Didn't Kessel help make Bonino productive for cup run. Was Bozak making him productive in Toronto? I hope Brock becomes such a player. McDavid is proof that every player in hockey is a compiler at some level.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
upload_2019-3-9_14-25-3.png

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Buffalo trading a top flight two-way center for a bunch of garbage last summer was quietly one of the worst transactions in recent memory. I'm shocked at how little attention it's received.

...well, it is Buffalo.

Not any insult but it's just kind of an after-thought in the NHL in general as it's not a major metropolis, or very marketable city from what I gather.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Boston has no regulation losses in 19 games and are the 2nd best team in their division by 15 points.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
A better version of HOF level Glenn Anderson? Didn't Kessel help make Bonino productive for cup run. Was Bozak making him productive in Toronto? I hope Brock becomes such a player. McDavid is proof that every player in hockey is a compiler at some level.
Bonino isn't anything special but he does have the ability to mesh well with all kinds of wingers (eg., Higgens, Vrbata, etc.,) unlike Brandon Sutter (who actually seems to play the same - whether he has two solid wingers or two slugs for wingers). At least that's how I look at it.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Buffalo trading a top flight two-way center for a bunch of garbage last summer was quietly one of the worst transactions in recent memory. I'm shocked at how little attention it's received.

Especially because the rah rah media types that normally have lots to say have a lot of love for O'Reilly. Casey Mittlestadt tho :rolleyes:

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Columbus went all in at the trade deadline but their high priced trades haven't panned out yet.
Calgary, not sure what's up with them

Most teams go through funks, peaks and valleys in the season, if it's near the end of the season and close to the playoffs people magnify it.

I think Columbus will make it in and the Habs will fall out and Calgary is making the playoffs, who they play in the first round might determine their fate.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

It got lots of attention when it happened.

The problem was that O'Reilly wanted out, we all know how that can hinder a GM with the Kesler situation right?

The trade on the surface wasn't that bad, who knew that Bergland would totally implode?

Tage Thompson is still young and how he develops and what that 1st rounder becomes from this years draft will determine what the trade is like long term.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Remember when Jamie Benn won the Art Ross trophy with 87 points
Different era. Those 4 seasons following the 12-13 lockout shortened season, fewer than 20 players a season hit the 70 point mark. Last season I think it was up to 36. As of today, there are 25 players who have hit 70 points already. Another 26 have hit at least 60, so pretty decent shot in the final 15 games of the season, about half or more of that group hits 70.

There is an uptick in scoring, but it's really concentrated in the top end guys getting more points. It's not evenly spread out throughout the lineup. Major change has been the stick to the hands call they implemented a season ago after E. Staal broke Gaudreau's hand following 3 slashes.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Arizona is an interesting team. Copious amounts of injuries, top forwards underperforming, and yet they're 8-2 in their last 10. Chayka has done a great job changing the d core and adding cheap talents like Osterle and Hinostroza has been understated. I hope they make the playoffs.

Reactions: travis scott
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad