Around the League v2: Everyone Is Getting Fired!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
we play tampa 3 more times, and we have a game in hand. all hope is not lost.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
UiejTdm.jpg

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Interesting trade, 2 for 1 Hawks - Coyotes

I know this happened a few week ago but since then ...

Small sample size:

Chicago:

Dylan Strome (21) 4th. PPG on the Hawks since his arrival.

.6 PPG

Yep, Hawks aren't a good team.

Perlini(22) scored 14 and 17 goals his 1st. 2 seasons, and is on pace for about 9 this year.​
Arizona:

Schmaltz(22) leads team in PPG, .086.

12 points in 14 games.​

I wanted the Leafs to get a big centerman, glad they waited a year!!!

Having watched Strome a few times, it seemed his feet might be an issue, but I've heard the other end might be another issue.

Strome is up to 6 goals and 11 points in 16 games since being acquired... Chicago fans are elated with the deal.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Buffalo and Boston both lost in regulation tonight. Nice.
Need Buffalo to win IMO.
Bigger the gap between them and Boston the better for us in the 1st round, also the more likely they add at the deadline and waste assets, and means skinner is doing well meaning a bigger contract.

Imo perfect season is buffalo to beat out Boston so we play them in the 1st round, they spend a 1st round pick or more on rental or older players, and Skinner wins the scoring race making him a 9 million dollar man lol

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Need Buffalo to win IMO.
Bigger the gap between them and Boston the better for us in the 1st round, also the more likely they add at the deadline and waste assets, and means skinner is doing well meaning a bigger contract.

Imo perfect season is buffalo to beat out Boston so we play them in the 1st round, they spend a 1st round pick or more on rental or older players, and Skinner wins the scoring race making him a 9 million dollar man lol

I think we would absolutely crush Boston with the depth we have but if I have to choose between Buffalo and Boston, it's Buffalo everyday.

I'm definitely rooting for Buffalo or the Habs to start winning some games.if we face either of those two teams, we may have a better first round match up than Tampa even if we don't win the division .

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad
The Oilers are still garbage.. Yet the big problem on the around the league thread are the Leafs, the Toronto media, us fans and Marner and Matthews.. They are such a bunch of haters it.s funny reading that forum

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Alright, so there is no way Marner gets paid more than Kucherov right?

Sick and tired of Toronto media saying he will get 10m+ every time he gets a point.
It will be interesting to see how the increase in scoring this year is taken into account.

3 guys scored 100+ points last year and 20 scored 80+.

A quick scan has 10 guys on pace for 100+ pts and about 40 on pace for 80+.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I think we would absolutely crush Boston with the depth we have but if I have to choose between Buffalo and Boston, it's Buffalo everyday.

I'm definitely rooting for Buffalo or the Habs to start winning some games.if we face either of those two teams, we may have a better first round match up than Tampa even if we don't win the division .

Bruins seem beatable this year (just lost to Devils and Canes) but they might be in the Leafs' heads. Need to get a stud dman by the TDL and hoping to see Johnny show them the way this year. Need to beat them in a short series or they could fall to TB like a tired Bruins team did last year in round #2.

Reactions: Superstar

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
It will be interesting to see how the increase in scoring this year is taken into account.

$10M contracts for everybody !!!

Reactions: Superstar

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

The league is finally giving the people what we want: more goals.

Reactions: Big Cactus

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010

Agreed. Buffalo or Montreal would be an easier physical matchup.
If we get Boston, and if we win, I cant see us coming out of that series without some huge jumps, bruises and maybe injuries.

If we get Montreal the sports media would go bonkers

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Stars ownership, management go on expletive-laden tirade...
"WTF"

That’s the text that Dallas Stars CEO Jim Lites says he gets five times per game from team owner Tom Gaglardi.

It happened again on Thursday night when he was watching the Stars’ 2-0 win against the Nashville Predators.

“He’s pissed,” Lites said on Friday afternoon. “And you know what it’s about.”

“They are f***ing horse-shit, I don’t know how else to put it,” Lites said. “The team was ok. But (Tyler) Seguin and (Jamie) Benn were terrible.”

The public frustration began during Thursday’s morning skate, when Stars coach Jim Montgomery told the team he was “f***ing embarrassed” with the team’s practice and where they were in the standings.

For those in the Stars’ offices, that starts with the captain and the player with more job security than anyone else in the franchise.

“I don’t get it,” Lites said. “The good news is the coach got everyone else to go and we found a way and we were able to make up for their lack of playing.”

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Classic public vilification tactic as the first step before a veteran sell off.

Yep...Benn has a NMC on his contract, so how would someone nudge him to want to be moved?

I could understand why a passionate owner would be mad...Benn and Seguin are getting paid almost $20 million combined, and they aren't doing anything special for the team with a huge amount of term left on their contracts...look what Kucherov is doing in TB being paid similarly to Benn and Seguin...when Stamkos was out that year, Kucherov was carrying TB on his back to just barely missing the playoffs.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Well it is pro sports...you have to move on. When or if Matthews doesn’t re-sign with the Leafs this year, so be it.
But the point is that they are not upset about him leaving, but about the way he did it - saying, up to almost the last second, that he would stay. Because of this, they got nothing, instead of being able to trade him.

Similar to what Sundin did, and there are still Leaf fans who haven't forgiven him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad