Around the League v2: Everyone Is Getting Fired!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I don't get it

It's in regards to Florida giving Vegas two of their best forwards last time. Two players who were a big reason Vegas went to the Finals last year, and are again 2 of their top forwards again this year.

The butt of the joke, is that Florida doesn't know how expansion works, and think they need to give every expansion team two of their best players.

Reactions: OddyOh and Pi

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
A Team 1040 Hot Take from today - If Leivo remains on the top line for the season, he will score more goals (including the 5 so far) than Nylander this season.

Dave "Poker is a sport" Pratt also keeps going on about how you need 6 great players to be a contender for the cup. He beleives the Leafs have 5 of 6 and the Canucks have 4 of 6. What a difference 1 played makes between the two. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Tracer Bullet

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
A Team 1040 Hot Take from today - If Leivo remains on the top line for the season, he will score more goals (including the 5 so far) than Nylander this season.

Dave "Poker is a sport" Pratt also keeps going on about how you need 6 great players to be a contender for the cup. He beleives the Leafs have 5 of 6 and the Canucks have 4 of 6. What a difference 1 played makes between the two. :rolleyes:

Who are the 5 Leafs and 4 canuckleheads

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Who are the 5 Leafs and 4 canuckleheads

If I had to take a guess:

Leafs 5 = Matthews, Tavares, Andersen, Marner, and Nylander. I’m betting Rielly is being underrated again, like he has been for most of his career.

Canucks 4 = Pettersen, Boeser, Horvat, and... and... I honestly couldn’t hazard a guess. Nobody else on their roster comes close to the 5-7 on our team. Goldobin maybe? It’s certainly not Virtanen. They’ve got a couple of decent defensemen prospects in the system but not currently on the team.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

Leafs 5 = Matthews, Tavares, Andersen, Marner, and Nylander. I’m betting Rielly is being underrated again, like he has been for most of his career.

Canucks 4 = Pettersen, Boeser, Horvat, and... and... I honestly couldn’t hazard a guess. Nobody else on their roster comes close to the 5-7 on our team. Goldobin maybe? It’s certainly not Virtanen. They’ve got a couple of decent defensemen prospects in the system but not currently on the team.
I'd assume Tanev. Canucks fans are super delusional about him

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Agreed, but I would have Rielly on the Leafs list over Nylander

Considering his hot take, I was curious what the radio guy thought

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
The level of Vancouver/British Columbia chauvinism is always great for some chuckles. To be fair to their on-air talent, they're probably expected to talk that way.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Pratt never elaborated on the Leafs 5. For the Canucks, lets just say he has Hughes penciled in and he hasn't played an NHL game yet.
Would Horvat be part of the core if he is playing for the Leafs?

Personally, I think this core stuff is a joke. With the current state of the cap, you just need to make sure whoever you sign is not under performing to the point that even a normal ELC player can play better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad