Around the League v2: Everyone Is Getting Fired!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Way to go Josh! Still think it's stupid to give him away like that over Gauthier and Ennis.
I mean, it's not like we'd be able to afford him after this season since he'd be asking for even a small raise which we can't really be giving him. Plus, as an unsigned RFA, his value goes down.

I mean, objectively, it was always going to be a lost trade, but I'm glad we at least gave Leivo a chance to flourish somewhere and did right by him.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Anyone else watch Reaves just destroy Tom Wilson all game long? God DAMN I would like to have that guy on our team. A legit beast, and a perfectly decent player too, not at all a liability in the bottom 6.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Anyone else watch Reaves just destroy Tom Wilson all game long? God DAMN I would like to have that guy on our team. A legit beast, and a perfectly decent player too, not at all a liability in the bottom 6.

Would you trade a 1st for him though?

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Would you trade a 1st for him though?
Obviously not, but the Knights acquired him for a career AHLer.

At his current salary, and with our coming cap crunch, he probably doesn’t make sense on this team, period. But man, it was fun watching him just destroy Wilson. Would love some physicality like that when we go up against teams like Washington or Boston.

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
When I saw the Reaves on Wilson hit, I thought of Kadri on D. Sedin. Reading the current discussion on the main boards with that hit in mind, after all the condemnation Kadri received, is interesting.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

I would love either player on the Leafs.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Obviously not, but the Knights acquired him for a career AHLer.

At his current salary, and with our coming cap crunch, he probably doesn’t make sense on this team, period. But man, it was fun watching him just destroy Wilson. Would love some physicality like that when we go up against teams like Washington or Boston.

This is a trade a team like the Leafs MUST make...

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Looks like 75% of fans at Bruins-Panthers game are disguised as empty seats. Pathetic but looks good on you Gary.

I know it was a few minutes after puck drop but imagine being able to get tickets at this price for a game against a divisional opponent

31487289-4425-4B30-B1B8-A52873A1A12D.png

Reactions: ToneDog

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I'll enjoy Tom Wilson getting a little taste of his own medicine as much as the next hockey fan but how is Ryan Reaves any more honourable as a player? He's got a legacy of questionable hits, sucker punches, suspensions himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad