Around the League Thread | Summer Vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelloCookie

Nov 23, 2016
Finland
Didn't expect Marc Staal to get a deal (1×1,1) before kane or tarasenko, but philly got a lightning rod for ristolainen

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Toronto signing Domi, Reaves and Berruzzi are now around $8 mil over the cap.

Missed some chat last thread. I get Myzzin probably done. So they need $3 mil amd another $3 mil for Samsonov. I just don't like the way they are constructed

Last edited:
Reactions: BimJenning

Kickassguy

High-End Intangible
Sep 24, 2002
Vancouver + NYC
At last check, TO can still LTIR Muzzin and pay draft picks to trade Murray, which is... probably the route they'll go? But the more signings they make, the more of a bind they're placing themselves in re: the price they pay to get rid of Murray. Nylander's willingness to extend + his price is also a wild card in all of this.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Lots and lots of 1 year deals,,next year's ufa crop is going to be big.
A lot of those ufas won’t make it there like PLD was scheduled to do. Or Tkachuk and Fiala were due to be this off season from 2022.

I imagine that whenever Scheiffle, Helly, Pesce get moved they sign with the acquiring team.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I know the Leafs are now up against a wall and should be in a situation where they have to accept a crappy deal to unload Nylander - but that only ever seems to happen to us. :laugh: So I’m sure they’ll have no problem extracting value if they move him, which seems likely.

I think the additions of Domi and Bertuzzi are pretty nice for their forward group - it’ll make them much more aggravating to play against. But at the end of the day, they need their top guys to come through in the playoffs. I don’t think their secondary players have been their downfall.

Reactions: wetcoast

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I know the Leafs are now up against a wall and should be in a situation where they have to accept a crappy deal to unload Nylander - but that only ever seems to happen to us. :laugh: So I’m sure they’ll have no problem extracting value if they move him, which seems likely.

I think the additions of Domi and Bertuzzi are pretty nice for their forward group - it’ll make them much more aggravating to play against. But at the end of the day, they need their top guys to come through in the playoffs. I don’t think their secondary players have been their downfall.
I just don't think they have the D group to lock it down and close out a game. Rielly is good up front but terrible defensively, Gio is old and was done by the Florida series, Klingberg doesnt backcheck, McCabe looked meh.

At best, they can make an Oilers-like run to the ECF but I think they really need to seek out a shutdown defenseman.

Reactions: wetcoast and andora

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
why waive zadina now? they don't have a cap problem, the buyout window is closed and waivers resets at training camp. i am missing something.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon

Wouldn't they have enough room for Nylander if they dumped Murray?

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
My money is on Boston winning the division again
Boston and Calgary are probably the two hardest teams in the league to predict.

It's just very hard to expect Boston's goaltending to put up a .940 again, and there's so much uncertainty with the Bergeron situation. I think they'll probably be a very defensive team that squeaks out like 45 wins.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Boston and Calgary are probably the two hardest teams in the league to predict.

It's just very hard to expect Boston's goaltending to put up a .940 again, and there's so much uncertainty with the Bergeron situation. I think they'll probably be a very defensive team that squeaks out like 45 wins.

Boston won’t repeat their season, but I think they’ll still be a strong team - especially if Bergeron sticks around for another year.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Boston lost A LOT of depth and haven’t done anything to really rebuild it.

As of now JvR is probably on their 2nd line. A third line of Lucic-Geekie-Frederic is ugly. They replaced Clifton with Shattenkirk, which is a huge downgrade, and Orlov left. There’s no prospect depth past Lysell. Top it off, they have about 6m in space with both Frederic and Swayman needing new contracts.

I’m not confident the Bruins are even guaranteed to be a playoff team.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Boston lost A LOT of depth and haven’t done anything to really rebuild it.

As of now JvR is probably on their 2nd line. A third line of Lucic-Geekie-Frederic is ugly. They replaced Clifton with Shattenkirk, which is a huge downgrade, and Orlov left. There’s no prospect depth past Lysell. Top it off, they have about 6m in space with both Frederic and Swayman needing new contracts.

I’m not confident the Bruins are even guaranteed to be a playoff team.
Oh absolutely. There was a perfect storm last year but things unraveled fast and it was bound to happen when your top 2 centers are 38 and 37.

It's hard to fathom a rebuild when you have a top 3 winger but the reality is Boston is going nowhere but down from here.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Everything went right for Boston last year.

I think they miss the playoffs next year.

TO, TBay and Buffalo will better.

Florida possibly better. Maybe even Ottawa.

Metro definitely better between NJ, Rags, Carolina with Isles, Pens and Caps in the mix for WC.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
Oh absolutely. There was a perfect storm last year but things unraveled fast and it was bound to happen when your top 2 centers are 38 and 37.

It's hard to fathom a rebuild when you have a top 3 winger but the reality is Boston is going nowhere but down from here.
hard to see them doing anything but swing for the fences until Marchand's deal is up.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad