Around the League Thread | Stacey’s Mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
Do the Blues think they're a playoff team? Feels like they're right where they should be in the standings.
Kinda bizarre the Sens just keep DJ Smith perpetually to be an obviously underwhelming coach.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Oilers win again,..no surprise, its the Blackhawks..All in all though, the Oilers have benefitted by the schedule makers..On this home stand, I'm sure they faced a number of teams on the second half of B2B's.

Leafs keep rolling right along..took 3 out of a possible 4 points against the Rangers/Islanders on a B2B.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Watching @MS tear the Leafs a new one on the main boards for their comically awful offseason blunders has become a source of perverse schadenfreude that I did not know I even had it in me to enjoy. :D

Seeing people s***ing on that fanbase in particular feels oddly therapeutic.
Instantly one of my favourite posters

Reactions: vanuck

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If I’m Ottawa I fire Smith and hire Berube, like, tomorrow.
Ottawa does not have a Permanent GM do they after terminating Dorian? Unless Staios is going to be that guy permanently. High quality HC won't take a job with that kind of uncertainty. Ends up being a Boudreau in Van situation under JR and PA.

Reactions: Vector and MS

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
What are they waiting for?

It's weird. They've publicly said they wanted to quite the noise around the organization, bring some calm, and conduct a long search. However, there's been no reports of a search actually happening. The trade deadline is less than 3 months away and they don't have GM in-place to handle it. Unless they just want to have Staios, who's never held a significant front office position in the NHL, handle it. Truly bizarre.

Reactions: MS

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It's weird. They've publicly said they wanted to quite the noise around the organization, bring some calm, and conduct a long search. However, there's been no reports of a search actually happening. The trade deadline is less than 3 months away and they don't have GM in-place to handle it. Unless they just want to have Staios, who's never held a significant front office position in the NHL, handle it. Truly bizarre.
What are their pool of candidates that can leave their current organization? How many teams would let the right hand to the current GM leave? JR setup multiple AGMs, so they could cover if one left mid season.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Ottawa does not have a Permanent GM do they after terminating Dorian? Unless Staios is going to be that guy permanently. High quality HC won't take a job with that kind of uncertainty. Ends up being a Boudreau in Van situation under JR and PA.

Any reasonably qualified GM and HC nepo hire?

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Weird comment in a sport that I think everyone understands is cyclical.
Things would have been massively different had they re-signed Pietrangelo to a retirement contract. Instead, they spent their wad on a mediocre Torey Krug.

Another misstep was taking on that Hayes contract.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
What are their pool of candidates that can leave their current organization? How many teams would let the right hand to the current GM leave? JR setup multiple AGMs, so they could cover if one left mid season.

Any reasonably qualified GM and HC nepo hire?

Early rumour was they wanted Chiarelli. That seemed to die on the vine. There's been a lot of GMs fired over the last couple of years: Jim Benning, Ron Hextall, Bob Murray, Marc Bergevin, and Chuck Fletcher. Part of the problem is that all those guys suck in various ways.

There's always the option to go for a hot-shot AGM somewhere but given Staios' lack of experience, I think they'll bring in someone with experience.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Early rumour was they wanted Chiarelli. That seemed to die on the vine. There's been a lot of GMs fired over the last couple of years: Jim Benning, Ron Hextall, Bob Murray, Marc Bergevin, and Chuck Fletcher. Part of the problem is that all those guys suck in various ways.

There's always the option to go for a hot-shot AGM somewhere but given Staios' lack of experience, I think they'll bring in someone with experience.
You have a pool of people who can join right now, aka the unemployed. Then there's the group of people who are still working for another team. We've seen NYR/LV move off their GM and promote the up and coming person, be it Gorton, Drury, and Hunter in those markets.
Heard the Av's AGM name mentioned a few times. But, would Sakic let him leave now in season? Who knows. Always an issue when it comes to in-season management/HC moves.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
You have a pool of people who can join right now, aka the unemployed. Then there's the group of people who are still working for another team. We've seen NYR/LV move off their GM and promote the up and coming person, be it Gorton, Drury, and Hunter in those markets.
Heard the Av's AGM name mentioned a few times. But, would Sakic let him leave now in season? Who knows. Always an issue when it comes to in-season management/HC moves.

Do you mean MacFarland? He was promoted to GM and Sakic is now the President.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad