Around the League Thread | Stacey’s Mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I liked the Domi and Bertuzzi moves and i think some may be overlooking Robertson and Knies also. Knies is a beast. They needed some grit come playoffs up front and those contracts are 1 year low risk so if it works they can sign if not move on.

Klingberg and Reaves was absolutely hilarious though. Reaves cost them Lafferty. What an archaic idiot move. Klingberg everyone knew was cooked. If any doubt remained last year shoud have sealed that one. Awful waste of cap allocation and not what they needed at all.

As MS said a Soucy/Cole addition would have been better with a Tanev or like at the deadline and they would look good with some goaltending. Instead they added 5.5 m of players they would be better off without....addition by subtraction

Reactions: m9

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Watching @MS tear the Leafs a new one on the main boards for their comically awful offseason blunders has become a source of perverse schadenfreude that I did not know I even had it in me to enjoy. :D

Seeing people s***ing on that fanbase in particular feels oddly therapeutic.

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
I liked the Domi and Bertuzzi moves and i think some may be overlooking Robertson and Knies also. Knies is a beast. They needed some grit come playoffs up front and those contracts are 1 year low risk so if it works they can sign if not move on.

Klingberg and Reaves was absolutely hilarious though. Reaves cost them Lafferty. What an archaic idiot move. Klingberg everyone knew was cooked. If any doubt remained last year shoud have sealed that one. Awful waste of cap allocation and not what they needed at all.

As MS said a Soucy/Cole addition would have been better with a Tanev or like at the deadline and they would look good with some goaltending. Instead they added 5.5 m of players they would be better off without....addition by subtraction
Reaves is a 'blaas-kaak' chicken now (that vs Boston game was so laughable), If Domi's last name was not Domi, he would be dropped to 4th line or at the pressbox by now. Bertuzzi did 💩, and he has JT, MM, AM or Nylander as linemates. Klingberg was done before he wore the Leafs jersey (and the Leafs knew it).
None of their off-season moves worked; On the other hand, Canucks had a very good off-season. If the Leafs moves their 1st for Tanev, I will laugh my pants off.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
There's some real parity in the Eastern Conference..Only 2 points separating between being in 4th place to 9th place.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
There's some real parity in the Eastern Conference..Only 2 points separating between being in 4th place to 9th place.
Yeah so as well as Detroit has played, their margin between making missing the PO right now is razor thin. A bad weekend and they are out of the PO spot.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
The Pittsburgh Penguins are
5th in 5v5 scoring
3rd in goals against
10th in PK

why are they not in a playoffs spot you ask?

3rd last in PP, sub 10%

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

Flames get Vegas on a B2B tonight after losing a heartbreaker to the Av's..Feels like one of those games where the Flames mysteriously win.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Watching @MS tear the Leafs a new one on the main boards for their comically awful offseason blunders has become a source of perverse schadenfreude that I did not know I even had it in me to enjoy. :D

What what a hysterical thread. "Uh it was Lafferty or GREGOR, not Lafferty or Reaves :help:" .... you forget how stupid that fanbase is.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

I mean, anyone with a brain (which excludes Treliving) knew the Klingberg and Reaves signings were ridiculously stupid. I said it at the time too, they blew up $5.5M in cap space for no reason.

Reactions: vanuck and quat

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007

The goalie did a good job "poke checking" Tkachuk's skate so he tripped and slid hard into the boards.

Reactions: Vector
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad