Around the League Thread | Playoffs Approaching Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
not that this hasn't been said thousands of times over the past few weeks, but jfc arizona

on the other hand, perfectly happy to see tkachuk and gaudreau pad their stats for the season in an absolutely meaningless game :naughty:

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
not that this hasn't been said thousands of times over the past few weeks, but jfc arizona

on the other hand, perfectly happy to see tkachuk and gaudreau pad their stats for the season in an absolutely meaningless game :naughty:

2 players likely to put up 100 points. Calgary is gonna be in tough this off season

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Why not? Those are gonna be some extremely pricey contracts and they have a couple of RFA that are due raises.
They have several options and their rfas should be reasonable.
This year and the next 2 are a clear window I'm sure they're going to go for.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Arizona must be close to some record or another for most goals against in a 5 game stretch or largest deficit. Off the top of my head I can't remember anything this bad during the cap era.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Arizona must be close to some record or another for most goals against in a 5 game stretch or largest deficit. Off the top of my head I can't remember anything this bad during the cap era.
Just a late season slide with a bunch of youngsters and old garbage.
Surely they'll be way better with half of high-school football crowd for a few years.

Reactions: mossey3535

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
Detroit when ned was slipping might be as high.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
@wetcoast
Since Kadri has been out the Avs are on a winning streak and they have Bryam back on defense to make it possibly the best defensive group in the NHL and oh ya Landeskog might be back for the playoffs...the Avs are the team to beat in the west even with their goaltending.

My point is that they have weaknesses. Goaltending is a wild card and they lack C depth. If either Kadri or MacKinnon is out, their 2C is Newhook or Compher. The ability to win in the regular season with key player(s) injured means nothing.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Grubauer might have sucked for the Kraken but he had decent numbers for Colorado. Maybe he didn't give them totally elite goaltending but they went from being a powerhouse regular season team to getting stymied by Sharks, Stars, and Knight's in the last three years... They've never even made it to the conference final since 2001, and they were last in the quarters in 2010...

I think Colorado is going to choke in the playoffs again, and it's going to be because Bednar won't be able to coach them past a trap team.

Reactions: HockeyWooot and Dab
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad