Around the League Thread part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
That is brutal and another of the many reasons why I hate pre-season sports, that could just as easily have been Kempe or Fiala. I wish more NHL coaches did what NFL coaches did.

I don't think it was dirty hit, but it's always dangerous when you have locked in guys out there giving 75% in a meaningless pre-season game competing against bubble guys giving 110% trying to do anything they can to make a roster.
I agree with all of this, but the interesting wrinkle in this is that Jan Jenik is actually a pretty good prospect. Pronman had him in his top 150 league-wide and 7th for the Coyotes. He was PPG in the AHL last season, and projects as a middle six winger or 3rd line center. He's got some sandpaper although he definitely doesn't fight much. I've seen him play against the Gulls and Reign a few times and he's always stood out.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I agree with all of this, but the interesting wrinkle in this is that Jan Jenik is actually a pretty good prospect. Pronman had him in his top 150 league-wide and 11th for the Coyotes. He was PPG in the AHL last season, and projects as a middle six winger or 3rd line center. He's got some sandpaper although he definitely doesn't fight much. I've seen him play against the Gulls and Reign a few times and he's always stood out.

Very good player but I'd argue in his time he's crossed over from 'sandpaper' to 'rat'.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
honestly i find them hard to find. Want a Iggy one just because i live in Calgary and it would piss off some friends
Ask Bobcat Athletic to make them for you. I've had them do a few custom ones for me and fix another jersey that another custom shop screwed up. I either heard about them on LGK or on HF years ago, but I believe they used to do custom work for the Kings themselves. I don't live nearby so I always shipped stuff, and everything turned out great. I actually picked up a factory issue Doughty jersey recently that I might send to them to be corrected.

Bobcat Athletic

EDIT: I just realized you're in Calgary. I bet you could find a closer custom jersey shop. :laugh:

Very good player but I'd argue in his time he's crossed over from 'sandpaper' to 'rat'.
Yeah, he's definitely trending more towards Antoine Roussel territory rather than a JG Pageau type.

Reactions: YP44

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Don't leave out Simon Gagne!
LA's 2nd line in 2012 was the flyers top line from their cup final team, I think in 2010.

Ask Bobcat Athletic to make them for you. I've had them do a few custom ones for me and fix another jersey that another custom shop screwed up. I either heard about them on LGK or on HF years ago, but I believe they used to do custom work for the Kings themselves. I don't live nearby so I always shipped stuff, and everything turned out great. I actually picked up a factory issue Doughty jersey recently that I might send to them to be corrected.

Bobcat Athletic

EDIT: I just realized you're in Calgary. I bet you could find a closer custom jersey shop. :laugh:

Yeah, he's definitely trending more towards Antoine Roussel territory rather than a JG Pageau type.
Probably what i need to do. Need to find a 2016-17 jersey and get pro hockey life to do it up

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
You must be a blast at parties.

I'm all for calling the 2012 playoff run dominant, but the guy had 9g in 84 games between the trade here and the 2012 playoffs. It was on its way to being what today we'd call a bad trade, even if nobody really cared about Teubert by the time of the deal, other than being yet another blown 1st rd pick from those particular rebuilding years.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
I'm all for calling the 2012 playoff run dominant, but the guy had 9g in 84 games between the trade here and the 2012 playoffs. It was on its way to being what today we'd call a bad trade, even if nobody really cared about Teubert by the time of the deal, other than being yet another blown 1st rd pick from those particular rebuilding years.

Penner had 3-8-11 in 20 playoff games that run. That’s good production. Penner-Richards-Carter was a fantastic line in the playoffs.

No one is saying he was prime Alex Ovechkin.

Reactions: King'sPawn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad