Around the League Thread Part II: Final Stretch

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
And I don't get the Makar deal, why not go 8 years and drop it down to 7.5 per?

Because he's better than the guy in Dallas who pretty much set the market. I'm sure his agent pushed that during the talks. The years are interesting. the avs gave up 2 years of UFA , and he'll probably cost even more with the next deal.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
We traded Darcy Kuemper for Scott Wedgewood and Tobias Reider at the 2018 deadline.

tenor.gif

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I was out and about last evening and just noticed the Sabres signed Aaron Dell and 40-year old Craig Anderson. That's an elite goalie tank tandem. Well done, Buffalo.

Sabres all aboard the suck all night to get Shane Wright train.

them and Arizona will be so bad.

Buffalo could be historically shit. Connar Bedard?

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
Avalanche aren't going anywhere in the playoffs, sorry, not picking them to win it all. Vegas kicked their ass in round 2. Grubauer should have been the guy. Sub 2 GAA and 7 shutouts, got better every year and this season was his breakout year. Colorado got weaker this offseason. Every Stanley Cup winner has their guy that has been in the system for a while, plugging in a piece like this won't work. Their defense is still too inexperienced. Avalanche are still a couple years from being a real threat and by that time they'll have the cap crunch because of this horrible Landeskog contract and MacKinnon getting 11 and Byram getting 7+. Stupid, stupid move to let Grubauer get away. The Landeskog contract and letting Grubauer walk will be big mistakes.

Colorado is a warning I've been preaching the last couple weeks - if you don't have a drafted and developed goalie, or at least a goalie you acquired and had in the system for a few years (like Grubauer), you are not winning the Cup, period. Big, big mistake by Sakic, especially after the concerns they had a few years ago.

Kings still have time but need to get it going. Getting an elite goaltender prospect through next year's draft or hockey trade should be the #1 priority now. The prospect pool needs it badly and it's the 1 glaring weakness after drafting Clarke.

FWIW....

upload_2021-7-29_11-5-33.png

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
I'm not giving up on him yet, definitely not. He's played behind mostly shit his entire career so it'll be interesting to see where he's at 2-3 years from now. He fits my theory though - been in the system for a while now AND is being mentored by Quick.

A .911 save percentage last year with the defense we had in front of him is very very good - with a halfway decent defense he should put up an all-star caliber save % and GAA. I think just adding Danault will have a tangible effect because we won't be hemmed in nearly as much.

Reactions: kingsfan28
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad