Around the League Thread: Non Trade Talk Feb 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
The card Nashville has is the burn your ELC & play in the playoffs. Which would probably be the choice of Vessey, but will that out weigh a desire to play where he wants as a free agent. Then again maybe he wants to play in Nashville & all the speculation was for nothing.

I guess Nashville could potentially trade Vessey's rights if they can not get him signed prior to the end of the season. That way they could get a legit draft pick or prospect & Vessey could still burn his ELC. Is that a precedent they want to set? Or do they let him go with out the burn the ELC option but maybe get nothing or very little in return.

There's nothing illegal about trading him even now I understand. It's just that he wouldn't be eligible to play until next season with his new organization.

It seems to be win-win for him to sign with Nashville, burn off a year on a 2 year ELC (I think), possibly play in the NHL playoffs and become an RFA in the summer of 2017. Otherwise if he waits until the summer, it'll be the same contract and he won't be an RFA until 2018. You have to be really committed to avoiding the Nashville organization to go in that direction.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
There's nothing illegal about trading him even now I understand. It's just that he wouldn't be eligible to play until next season with his new organization.

It seems to be win-win for him to sign with Nashville, burn off a year on a 2 year ELC (I think), possibly play in the NHL playoffs and become an RFA in the summer of 2017. Otherwise if he waits until the summer, it'll be the same contract and he won't be an RFA until 2018. You have to be really committed to avoiding the Nashville organization to go in that direction.

Would his contract be the same with the preds as he'd get as a ufa?

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Would his contract be the same with the preds as he'd get as a ufa?

Both would be 2 year ELC's either way. The only thing the Leafs might offer that maybe Nashville would offer less of is opportunity. And that's debatable as the Leafs haven't rushed any prospect to the NHL as of late.

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
Oilers:
Kings
Ducks
Flames
Canucks
Canucks

Canucks:
Hawks
Sharks
Sharks
Ducks
Kings
Oilers
Flames
Oilers

Jets:
Flyers
Senators
Hawks
Wild
Ducks
Sharks
Kings

BJ’s:
Preds
Captials
Islanders
Canes
Rangers
Leafs
Sabres
Hawks

Flames:
Hawks
Coyotes
Ducks
kings
Oilers
Kings
Nucks
Wild

Leafs:
Bruins
Lightning
Panthers
Sabres
Wings
Panthers
BJ’s
Flyers
Devils

Teams schedule over the final stretch in our range

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Oilers:
Kings
Ducks
Flames
Canucks
Canucks

Teams schedule over the final stretch in our range
Should be interesting to see how the Canucks and Oilers tanks figure out a way for neither of them to receive points in their 2 matchups.:sarcasm:

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
I'm still not fully confident that Pittsburgh is in the playoffs, looks good, but I still want them to tank & be the last place playoff team in the east. It's so hard to know when it's best for them to fall apart.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Aho is having a great season statically, though I haven't watched him play so I won't comment. That guy is obviously a big fan though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad