Around the League Thread: Non Trade Talk Feb 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
So Thomas Vanek has now been a healthy scratch for 3 straight games. Oh, how I so wish he took Montreal's 7 yr offer when he had the chance. Either way, bet he feels real silly about only taking a 3 year deal in Minnesota, even though it is where he calls home. Just thank god for the Wild that he only has 1 year left.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
So Thomas Vanek has now been a healthy scratch for 3 straight games. Oh, how I so wish he took Montreal's 7 yr offer when he had the chance. Either way, bet he feels real silly about only taking a 3 year deal in Minnesota, even though it is where he calls home. Just thank god for the Wild that he only has 1 year left.

Wow, what happened to him?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

don't you mean the Islanders? or did Montreal offer him 7yrs too?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

Meanwhile at the Vanek household... -Hunny I did something really really dumb.

LeafSadist

Sep 8, 2003
Ontario
Roman gets his 1st goal as a Shark, and Spaling assists and Reimer is playing tonight. Getting value from their investments.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Jimmy Vessey and Harward just lost BC and that ends his season.

We will know now in a few days if Vessey plans on signing with Nashville or become a UFA.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Jimmy Vessey and Harward just lost BC and that ends his season.

We will know now in a few days if Vessey plans on signing with Nashville or become a UFA.

The card Nashville has is the burn your ELC & play in the playoffs. Which would probably be the choice of Vessey, but will that out weigh a desire to play where he wants as a free agent. Then again maybe he wants to play in Nashville & all the speculation was for nothing.

I guess Nashville could potentially trade Vessey's rights if they can not get him signed prior to the end of the season. That way they could get a legit draft pick or prospect & Vessey could still burn his ELC. Is that a precedent they want to set? Or do they let him go with out the burn the ELC option but maybe get nothing or very little in return.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
The card Nashville has is the burn your ELC & play in the playoffs. Which would probably be the choice of Vessey, but will that out weigh a desire to play where he wants as a free agent. Then again maybe he wants to play in Nashville & all the speculation was for nothing.

I guess Nashville could potentially trade Vessey's rights if they can not get him signed prior to the end of the season. That way they could get a legit draft pick or prospect & Vessey could still burn his ELC. Is that a precedent they want to set? Or do they let him go with out the burn the ELC option but maybe get nothing or very little in return.

That would be incredibly surprising if it happened. I think it's more than likely that if he chooses not to sign, they'll just trade his rights to the team that he most likely intends to sign with.

I honestly think at this point Nashville has a strong shot to sign him. I'd be surprised if they didn't. And unfrotunately for us, I think if they fail to sign him, he's likely going to Boston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad