Around the League Thread | Hockey is Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
That Jack Campbell signing might go down as the reason McDavid doesn’t win a cup

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
There are a lot of teams in the NHL where I look at them and wonder what the f***ing point of them existing even is.

Blue Jackets, Blues, Predators, Capitals, Jets, Flames, etc. All middling boring teams with management/ownership too cowardly to go hard in any direction. Just kind of wandering around in the middle making some moves but then taking steps back to go nowhere. Utterly useless.

I’d almost lump the Wild and Islanders in there but at least one of them made a big splash for Horvat and the other made the two biggest buyouts in history. Then neither have followed up with anything to further push them over the edge and are just upper-tier middling teams.

Reactions: vancityluongo

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
There are a lot of teams in the NHL where I look at them and wonder what the f***ing point of them existing even is.

Blue Jackets, Blues, Predators, Capitals, Jets, Flames, etc. All middling boring teams with management/ownership too cowardly to go hard in any direction. Just kind of wandering around in the middle making some moves but then taking steps back to go nowhere. Utterly useless.

I’d almost lump the Wild and Islanders in there but at least one of them made a big splash for Horvat and the other made the two biggest buyouts in history. Then neither have followed up with anything to further push them over the edge and are just upper-tier middling teams.
To be fair, that was us until December 5th, 2021

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010

Least the Blues and Caps won their cups.

Reactions: LordBacon

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Nickleback's still got it.
'It' being a giant turd. Painful. The sing alongs were the best, absolute silence from the crowd.

It's kind of funny that they rep Alberta but they cut their teeth in Vancouver and before they were big, they were known more as a Vancouver band. Kroger used to basically live at Gabby's in Langley.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
It's kind of funny that they rep Alberta but they cut their teeth in Vancouver and before they were big, they were known more as a Vancouver band. Kroger used to basically live at Gabby's in Langley.
I'm pretty sure they consider themselves as having multiple homes.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market

I still have no idea what the Flames were thinking with those contracts. Such a stupid move right from the beginning. Huberdeau trade/contract as well. WTF are you thinking?

Just feels like a team full of players just there for the paycheck.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Signing a 32 year old Kadri (who had just who a cup on a stacked Avs team) to a retirement contract was such an obvious mistake at the time.

This guy flat out doesn't give a shit.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
To be fair, that was us until December 5th, 2021

For all Benning myriad of faults, he went all in. Canucks pick a direction and went about it the stupidest way possible. My main criticism with the new regime is they haven’t done enough and have been too passive but have gotten actual results, that are hopefully sustainable, just by bringing stability to what was already here.

But, I probably would have had the Canucks in the same situation. They were basically the Blue Jackets.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

I still consider them from Vancouver, I actually had drinks with Chad Kroeger last year at Gothams Steakhouse. He said he was seeing his family at some place downtown.

Reactions: Bubbles

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Signing a 32 year old Kadri (who had just who a cup on a stacked Avs team) to a retirement contract was such an obvious mistake at the time.

This guy flat out doesn't give a shit.
They were all obvious mistakes at the time, both alberta gms are buffoons.

ephmrl

5th overall.
Nov 26, 2011
Victoria, BC
The flames just look so pathetic and listless. They're not able to create any sort of offense. Not a single-play driver on that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad