Around the League Thread | Hockey is Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
hockey is back babyyyyy
lets go
1696939994731.png

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
It's too soon...I'm hoping they extend the pre season to 12 games and start in November

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
I picked OEL on my fantasy team. I just have a feeling he'll go off.
Boooooo

OEL had every opportunity here to turn things around and injuries aside, performed pretty much as he did in Arizona. I have too many negative feelings towards the player (not the person) to hope he rediscover his game. Would rsther see the Canucks brain trust be accurate in their assessment that he's cooked.

Bitter AND salty

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
The ironic part of NHL banning rainbow tapes is that
Consider how conservative the hockey world is, 99% of the players prob don’t give two shits about using the rainbow tape/wearing the rainbow jersey or not, all the talks were simply lip service.

Like, some of them might even be thankful that the nhl banned it

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The ironic part of NHL banning rainbow tapes is that
Consider how conservative the hockey world is, 99% of the players prob don’t give two shits about using the rainbow tape/wearing the rainbow jersey or not, all the talks were simply lip service.

Like, some of them might even be thankful that the nhl banned it
Under the guise of banning everything else. No camo uniforms/tape for military night. I guess if Truth and reconciliation day was during the NHL season, nothing Orange or Lunar New year either. Just go with the basics. NHL jersey and black/white tape only.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Frankly I'm just glad I don't have to see those dogshit St. Patrick's Day jerseys ever again with the stupid O'<player name> nonsense.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria

Weird trade. It's nothing but signed Caleb Jones, was one of their final cuts, then swap him.

jack johnson has apparently looked rough, and makar/manson both 'sore' - girard can play right side so jones might get some action

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
jack johnson has apparently looked rough, and makar/manson both 'sore' - girard can play right side so jones might get some action

I get it from a Colorado perspective. It's more that I don't remember the last time a newly signed free agent was traded before a season even started.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
I get it from a Colorado perspective. It's more that I don't remember the last time a newly signed free agent was traded before a season even started.
the closest i can think of is dave scatchard signing with boston and then getting shipped out because iirc he called out the thornton bruins for being a clique

Reactions: Vector

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Weird trade. It's nothing but signed Caleb Jones, was one of their final cuts, then swap him.

Carolina doesn't like paying guys 1-ways to play in the AHL. It's the same way we cut down the Ethan Bear price last year by taking Lane Peterson.

Basically Carolina saves raw $$$ and gets rid of a signing they immediately regretted and Colorado adds defensive depth and an experienced NHL player to have on standby in the AHL.

Reactions: Vector

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
the closest i can think of is dave scatchard signing with boston and then getting shipped out because iirc he called out the thornton bruins for being a clique

Funny because Scatchard was probably right and it led to one of the worst trades in NHL history.

Jiri Slegr also only played 16 games after signing as a free agent before getting shipped out. Mathieu Schneider 17 games. But they all played for the team that signed them. Jones never even got into a regular season game.

Reactions: God

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Not a trade but Edmonton waived Mattias Janmark out of camp last year but he wasn't claimed, was quickly back up, and then earned himself another contract for this season.

Reactions: God
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad