Around the League Thread | Full Arenas Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

likash

Apr 17, 2019
I don't think I've ever seen an acquisition look as immediately terrible as Seth Jones.
Travis Green looks like Stan Bowman compared to Colliton and let's not forget how bad Travis is at his job. This guy is outdoing peak Eakins during his oilers stint.

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I forgot that it was Gudbranson that dove into the net trying unsuccessfully to stop it. What a harbringer that was 10 minutes into the season.

That play is burned into my psyche forever. When something bad happens I think of that the the photo of Lui looking up at the scoreboard to see what happened.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Dach still has a very high ceiling, too. Timing of the Jones acquisition is very, very bizzare considering where their club is.
I can get the Jones move but they added cap dumps in Johnson (not worth his cap number) and Connolly. So not sure what they are doing now. Don’t even know who their starting G will be for next season.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
I can get the Jones move but they added cap dumps in Johnson (not worth his cap number) and Connolly. So not sure what they are doing now. Don’t even know who their starting G will be for next season.
It'll be interesting to see what happens with Kane/Toews long term. It would be bizarre to see them in any other jersey.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
How long does MAF stick it out? Remember he wasn't even going to report to Chicago at one point. By Xmas I bet he's like f*** it.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Wish we kept Gad instead of Chiasson as he is basically the same type of player but younger.

@CurtisPashelka
Boughner said he liked Gadjovich's game, felt that fourth line might have been the Sharks' best early on.

Picked up an assist and played 11 minutes also

Yes imagine being pleased with your 4th line and saying they may have been the best line even if only for a period. Oh yes 8yrs younger and way tougher too....still choked at Green for this

Last edited:

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Vegas looking shaky without stone and Pac. Of all the teams in the west Vegas is probably the worse possible matchup for the Canucks so if they miss a real pathway could open.

I watched the 2nd half of that game. Vegas applied almost zero pressure even with the extra attacker after Lehner was pulled. Marchessault had a decent scoring chance near the end of the game, after which he smashed his stick at the bench, but the play was mostly in Vegas' end. Islanders are a good team so you can't read too much into this game alone, but without their injured players in the lineup, they are the definition of perimeter team right now. Islanders also outhit them by 44-19. They are in real trouble right now.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Isn't there a thing about American thanksgiving being a good benchmark for who makes the playoffs? The 25% point, hopefully Vegas keeps sucking until then.

At least we aren't the Leafs?
I'm still trying to figure out how Marner and Matthews have a combined 1 point this season.

Honestly, there's not much on the forward group after their big 4 (MM, AM, JT, WM). They used to have JVR, Marleau, Hyman, Brown, Kapanen. Now it's Kase, Bunting, Kerfoot, Simmonds/Ritchie.

Matthews and Marner always play with each other. So those tweeners are forced to carry lines rather than assist the big dogs. Pretty difficult forward core for any coach to make success out of.

From GM to the players, it's terrible over there. They peaked in 2017/2018.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Dach still has a very high ceiling, too. Timing of the Jones acquisition is very, very bizzare considering where their club is.

It’s weird because they said they were actually going to rebuild. Then they traded Boqvist, 2021 much higher first, and a future 1st for Jones. It’s not like they have sucked for years and a accumulated young talent. Made more sense if they didn’t include their 2021 first or Boqvist

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Vegas looking shaky without stone and Pac. Of all the teams in the west Vegas is probably the worse possible matchup for the Canucks so if they miss a real pathway could open.
I thought they looked like Vegas usually looks. Controlled the play. Controlled the shot share. Controlled the chances.

Ran into a tough team with a hot goalie.

That’s what a game between two well coached teams. It didn’t look too different and they’re missing by far their two most prolific offensive forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad