Around the League Thread | Everything Else Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
there were four buyers rumoured for tanev. two of them are division rivals, and one employs their old gm. if calgary doesn't really want to deal with any of them then they have only one buyer unless the other guys offer a premium. so you give it some time for that toe happen, make a last call, then strike a deal with dallas. don't forget the hamhuis lesson of what can happen if you spend too much time and effort trying to squeeze the last dollar out of dallas for an aging top 4 dman at the tdl.
that's all fine and fair, but it isn't March yet and i highly doubt there weren't other teams sniffing around. off the top of my head jersey, tampa, boston, vegas, st.louis..

if gms are this skittish i find it pretty sad, my personal opinion. lots of teams within striking distance

Ownership seems very upset with how he left the organization.
- cost them sutter buyout?
- cost them long term contracts?

i mean letting a guy do these things with no contract for the following year is kinda their own doing but meh.. enjoy it weiners

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
If he gave in on this one to 'focus' on the other two woof

Either overwhelmed or impatient
I doubt that is true, but if it is, then that is very Benning-like. Too focus on one task then "ran out of time" dealing with others. I'm not sure what kind of GM Conroy is yet, but I'll give him (or any new GM for that matter) the benefit of the doubt.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
I doubt that is true, but if it is, then that is very Benning-like. Too focus on one task then "ran out of time" dealing with others. I'm not sure what kind of GM Conroy is yet, but I'll give him (or any new GM for that matter) the benefit of the doubt.
Oh maybe .. i would hope these guys can handle more than one thing at a time

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I have a feeling that Treliving is going to go all out for Hanifin.

Seravalli is saying that Hanifin is kind of holding the Flames hostage. Said the teams he's heard that Hanifin would be willing to re-sign with are the Panthers, Lightning, Kings, Golden Knights, and Bruins. Only a couple of teams are willing to acquire him as a rental.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Seravalli is saying that Hanifin is kind of holding the Flames hostage. Said the teams he's heard that Hanifin would be willing to re-sign with are the Panthers, Lightning, Kings, Golden Knights, and Bruins. Only a couple of teams are willing to acquire him as a rental.

holding hostage is kind of a poor choice of words to describe that scenario. any return the flames get on a pending ufa beyond rental value is a bonus not an expectation. they can't expect hanafin to agree to give up his free agency rights and sign for a team he does not want to sign for just so the flames can get more assets for him. they just have to hope his wishes line up with a trading opportunity.

I have a feeling that Treliving is going to go all out for Hanifin.

surprised they could not beat the dallas offer if that is the case. seems like confirmation there was a treliving premium.

Reactions: MS and VanillaCoke

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
I remember Hanifin is a LHD???

The Leafs only need to trade for a cheap stay-at-home RHD to guard the center of the ice when Rielly is "roaming" the offensive zone.
Keefe galaxy brained that brodie is still great on right side and mccabe is showing he can do it too

You know until that crucial moment whete he myers backhands it off glas... dasher and gets picked off

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
Keefe galaxy brained that brodie is still great on right side and mccabe is showing he can do it too

You know until that crucial moment whete he myers backhands it off glas... dasher and gets picked off
It takes almost 4 years for him to find out JT/ Nylander does not work, give him some more time.
BTW,
cror82q1l8lc1.jpg

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

Oilers & Knights:
-Oilers and Knights could end up in a bidding war for a forward
-Mark Stone out of the regular season and questionable for the playoffs
-both teams looking at Tofoli, Buchnevich, and Eberle

Tanev:
-Oilers, Canucks, Avalanche, and Maple Leafs were the four other finalists
-Maple Leafs not willing to move a 1st in a Tanev deal
-Flames like Grushnikov
-one of the trade offers had a 1st round pick but was attached to a player with term going with it

Other UFA Defenceman:
-Flyers and Coyotes weren't thrilled at the Tanev return
-Tanev move has set the market
-Coyotes committed to moving Dumba

Maple Leafs:
-Dumba makes a lot of sense for them
-Lybushkin has garnered some interest but Ducks aren't fully committed to moving on from him

Hanifin:
-as of Thursday, nothing close on the trade front
-Bruins and Lightning really covet him
-may go right to the deadline

Reactions: VanillaCoke

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Hanifin, per the main boards, massive difference if he's moved as a rental or somewhere that can sign him to an 8 year deal immediately. So, see how that works out.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
there were four buyers rumoured for tanev. two of them are division rivals, and one employs their old gm. if calgary doesn't really want to deal with any of them then they have only one buyer unless the other guys offer a premium. so you give it some time for that toe happen, make a last call, then strike a deal with dallas. don't forget the hamhuis lesson of what can happen if you spend too much time and effort trying to squeeze the last dollar out of dallas for an aging top 4 dman at the tdl.

haha i’m imagining conroy’s playbook is just a piece of scrap paper that has "do the opposite of what benning would do” written on it

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Marner playing defense for the leafs 5v5, and they scored lol

Also F blackouts

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad