Around the League - Stanley Cup Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Doesn't surprise me. Colorado played 4 games and had a ton of rest after St. Louis was predictably not a tough challenge. Vegas played 7 and did not. Maybe Vegas recovers but we likely face the same issue if we face the Jets. The only difference is that hopefully we are good enough to overcome that.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Doesn't surprise me. Colorado played 4 games and had a ton of rest after St. Louis was predictably not a tough challenge. Vegas played 7 and did not. Maybe Vegas recovers but we likely face the same issue if we face the Jets. The only difference is that hopefully we are good enough to overcome that.

Don’t worry they’ll have plenty of rest watching that series from home.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Rantanen in 5 minutes of this game has done more than Marner has done in 6 games lol.

There are some who would suggest Rantanen is not in Marner's stratosphere. Personally, he is one of my favorites in the game.

Colorado's brand of skilled hockey is just something you have to respect and enjoy as a hockey fan. The speed they have on their depth lines is nice too, not dragged down by too many veteran babysitters. And star power showing up in big contests because they want to prove they are the best.

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Jesus this isn’t even close...it’s the Rantanen MacKinnon Landeskog show and Vegas is basically the generals of the globetrotters...Jesus to see stars play like stars is refreshing

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Jesus this isn’t even close...it’s the Rantanen MacKinnon Landeskog show and Vegas is basically the generals of the globetrotters...Jesus to see stars play like stars is refreshing

I think the Avalanche what we want to be but they got there and our recipe needs a lot work.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
There are some who would suggest Rantanen is not in Marner's stratosphere.

Colorado's brand of skilled hockey is just something you have to respect and enjoy as a hockey fan. The speed they have on their depth lines is nice too, not dragged down by too many veteran babysitters.

Yeah, we were trending to building a team similar to Colorado but losing to Columbus last year really broke this team's philosophy. They got better D which is great but they also decided they needed players like Simmonds, Thornton, etc who can't skate.

If we were in a best of 7 series against Colorado, I think if I was coach, I'd only be able to play 2 lines. The other two would be way too slow to even touch Colorado as they piled on the goals.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
As good as the Avs look, Vegas also looks downright awful right now too. Colorado is making basic plays that turn into a lot more than they should because Vegas can't keep things together.

Avs would still be comfortable, but they wouldn't be up 6-1.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
As good as the Avs look, Vegas also looks downright awful right now too. Colorado is making basic plays that turn into a lot more than they should because Vegas can't keep things together.

Avs would still be comfortable, but they wouldn't be up 6-1.
Bad goaltending and bad D. Reminds me a bit of the Jo-Sieve headline back when the Sens destroyed us in Game 1 in a similar situation.

Avs should win this series and it could be quick, but the games won't all look like this.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
MacKinnon is dismantling a clearly tired Vegas team. The schedule has been ridiculous, especially for a team flying into the thin air.

Matthews should try rushing from time to time as MacKinnon does and as he did early in the season. At worst, it will create space for others and draw penalties. This guy is just motivated.

Reactions: Korg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad