Status
Not open for further replies.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
detective krutovsdonut on the job.

here is what we know

perry has not been suspended but the team has made clear they have told him to stay away from the team, so they wish to convey some disapproval for the benefit of someone, but it's not for the the benefit of the public because they won't say what happened.

by doing it this way they draw embarrassing attention to perry and create speculation so i think you can assume they don't do it lightly. they for some reason needed to say they have told him to stay away as opposed to saying he is taking some personal time.

perry would be suspended for sure if there was an allegation of sexual assault or other malfeasance. there would also be the nhl program if it involved drugs or alcohol. there would be a public record if he was arrested.

so it is seem he was engaged in activity that the team cannot discipline him over but i which the team feels the need to show they disapprove of and are willing to embarrass perry and generally throw him under the bus over.

that suggests some kind of interpersonal behaviour involving the team that was offside. anything from a run in with a coach to another player to just unprofessional behaviour. considering he was brought in to help bedard it could perhaps involve bedard and the team might be being highly protective of bedard here.

perhaps coincidentally another player, mrazek, who is their starter, was also away from the team for a noteworthy rest day thursday and then missed a likely start yesterday against the leafs, his former team. on wednesday the blackhawks played columbus. perry did not dress so we can assume whatever happened had surfaced by then. mrazek, who has been their starter, let in 5 goals in 32 minutes on 18 shots and got pulled.

the mrazek thing may well be unrelated. he maybe just had a bad game so they maybe told him to rest. maybe the trade rumours with the oilers played into it. but i am surprised he did not get the start against the leafs, especially if the hawks want to trade him, i would expect him to get a bounce back chance.

and yes it turns out mrazek does have a very attractive longterm girlfriend. she's so good looking that cbs once did an article just to talk about how ridiculously good looking she is. i'm not kidding.

these are all just what we know. the facts folks. don't judge me, judge the facts.

Yeah, I’d agree that he’s had some sort of conflict with someone and has been determined to be the at-fault party.

Got in a fight with another player? Told the coaches off? Got caught banging another player’s wife?

If it was just a missed curfew or something I don’t think the messaging would be this severe.

It’s weird because - as much of a rat he is on the ice - he’s been considered a low-maintenance character player off it for his whole career.

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
and yes it turns out mrazek does have a very attractive longterm girlfriend. she's so good looking that cbs once did an article just to talk about how ridiculously good looking she is. i'm not kidding.

these are all just what we know. the facts folks. don't judge me, judge the facts.

That is so, so cringe.

Reactions: quat and Szechwan

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Teams appeared to be learning from the Eriksson/Neal/Backes/Lucic/Okposo/Nielsen summer of 2016 that giving 5/6-year deals to 50 point 2nd liners on the wrong side of 30 is a really bad idea … and then Killorn and Palat appeared with STANLEY CUP PEDIGREE and GMs lost their minds all over again.

That Palat contract is just a killer for NJ.
What were they expecting to get from him? Cause there were plenty of wingers in the $3-4 mill range on 2 year terms that were available for free via trade. Palat is t someone I associate with a bunch of rhe “intangibles” that teams are searching for.

That’s why player home town discounts make no sense. This is what NJ did with their Hughes cap savings? No team ever gets all contracts on point. Just the reality of rhe business.

Last edited:

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
I am always surprised by the fact that Hischier is a captain. Does not give me captain vibes at all. Kind of as if they gave Nuge the C in Edmonton.

But what do I know.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
I would maybe understand this article in the early 2000s, but this was posted in 2014.
I -- like most men -- really enjoy looking at beautiful women.
Living here in Detroit is an absolute treat. The professional athletes here have some of the best looking women on the planet.
This is going to get a hardcore yikes from me. On f***ing CBS too, embarrassing. Even if it's an opinion piece.

Reactions: Hodgy and Flik

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Boston were 22 points clear of the 2nd-place team in the East last year and they played Patrice Bergeron and Brad Marchand every single B2B right through the end of the season.

Bergeron played 5 games in 7 games at one point in mid-late March at age 38 ... and then wore down and got hurt and they lost in the first round.

It's absolutely f***ing insane how stupid the attitudes toward MUST PLAY EVERY GAME are in this league.

My memory's a bit fuzzy, but wasn't there talk about resting Henrik towards the end of the 2010-11 regular season because he was dealing with something which was nagging him that they never disclosed? He ended up playing all 82 games (albeit maybe not as much in the last one), but I feel whatever was ailing him never fully healed and got worse as we went deeper in the playoffs.

A lot of the injuries we got during that run were freak accidents but to me Henrik's thing was probably more preventable than, say, Kesler tearing his groin against SJS.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Yeah, I’d agree that he’s had some sort of conflict with someone and has been determined to be the at-fault party.

Got in a fight with another player? Told the coaches off? Got caught banging another player’s wife? Showed up late to a team meeting in a track suit?

If it was just a missed curfew or something I don’t think the messaging would be this severe.

It’s weird because - as much of a rat he is on the ice - he’s been considered a low-maintenance character player off it for his whole career.

fify

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Buffalo should be called out for their underperforming product with that talent that they have. How many f***ing years have we said ‘Buffalo is taking the next step?’

Getting ass hammered by New Jersey

• Haha
Reactions: andora

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Buffalo should be called out for their underperforming product with that talent that they have. How many f***ing years have we said ‘Buffalo is taking the next step?’

Getting ass hammered by New Jersey

They looked like they were going to turn a corner through 50 games last year when Thompson and Dahlen were playing like superstars but since then both have come off the boil and now Thompson is hurt (19 points in his last 28 games before that). And past those two, that roster is still really suspect.

And their goalie is hurt, too.

Reactions: wetcoast

I am toxic

Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
My memory's a bit fuzzy, but wasn't there talk about resting Henrik towards the end of the 2010-11 regular season because he was dealing with something which was nagging him that they never disclosed? He ended up playing all 82 games (albeit maybe not as much in the last one), but I feel whatever was ailing him never fully healed and got worse as we went deeper in the playoffs.

A lot of the injuries we got during that run were freak accidents but to me Henrik's thing was probably more preventable than, say, Kesler tearing his groin against SJS.

At the forward position, the big domino to fall that led to catastrophe was Malhotra having a puck deflect up under his visor shortly after the 2011 TDL (so unable to address the 3c position).

This led to Hank and moreso Kes taking more matchups in the playoffs, which wore them down/injured them such that by the time the finals rolled around, the two of them were wrecks, as was most of the D corps and many of the forwards.

There's more, but I will only post what is publicly known, other than the effects were more farreaching. I hope the twins release a biography some day that among other things talks about this, but they have always been reluctant to pull out the injury excuse card.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Ridiculous that numerous posters didn’t think LA would even be a playoff team this year.

Yes their goaltending was a big question mark, but the rest of the team is deep and they play a style where you don’t need an elite goalie to stand on their head all the time.

Vegas vs LA going to be great in the playoffs.

Just please, for the love of god, ban the Flash Gordon helmets if they play each other.

7 games of looking at that will make everyone go blind.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
At the forward position, the big domino to fall that led to catastrophe was Malhotra having a puck deflect up under his visor shortly after the 2011 TDL (so unable to address the 3c position).

This led to Hank and moreso Kes taking more matchups in the playoffs, which wore them down/injured them such that by the time the finals rolled around, the two of them were wrecks, as was most of the D corps and many of the forwards.

There's more, but I will only post what is publicly known, other than the effects were more farreaching. I hope the twins release a biography some day that among other things talks about this, but they have always been reluctant to pull out the injury excuse card.
Yea I remember being surprised that Malhotra never wore a visor. Given that he'd gone so long without one I thought he'd be okay. Lol...

Of course, it's easy to blame it on Canuck luck but how I wish Gillis would've forced him to wear one.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015

here is what we know

perry has not been suspended but the team has made clear they have told him to stay away from the team, so they wish to convey some disapproval for the benefit of someone, but it's not for the the benefit of the public because they won't say what happened.

by doing it this way they draw embarrassing attention to perry and create speculation so i think you can assume they don't do it lightly. they for some reason needed to say they have told him to stay away as opposed to saying he is taking some personal time.

perry would be suspended for sure if there was an allegation of sexual assault or other malfeasance. there would also be the nhl program if it involved drugs or alcohol. there would be a public record if he was arrested.

so it is seem he was engaged in activity that the team cannot discipline him over but i which the team feels the need to show they disapprove of and are willing to embarrass perry and generally throw him under the bus over.

that suggests some kind of interpersonal behaviour involving the team that was offside. anything from a run in with a coach to another player to just unprofessional behaviour. considering he was brought in to help bedard it could perhaps involve bedard and the team might be being highly protective of bedard here.

perhaps coincidentally another player, mrazek, who is their starter, was also away from the team for a noteworthy rest day thursday and then missed a likely start yesterday against the leafs, his former team. on wednesday the blackhawks played columbus. perry did not dress so we can assume whatever happened had surfaced by then. mrazek, who has been their starter, let in 5 goals in 32 minutes on 18 shots and got pulled.

the mrazek thing may well be unrelated. he maybe just had a bad game so they maybe told him to rest. maybe the trade rumours with the oilers played into it. but i am surprised he did not get the start against the leafs, especially if the hawks want to trade him, i would expect him to get a bounce back chance.

f*** off with this shit, lmao.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015

here is what we know

Honestly was pretty shocked that she was so meh does the reporter live in Edmonton or something.

Reactions: VanillaCoke

I am toxic

Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Yea I remember being surprised that Malhotra never wore a visor. Given that he'd gone so long without one I thought he'd be okay. Lol...

Of course, it's easy to blame it on Canuck luck but how I wish Gillis would've forced him to wear one.

From Macleans article:

Once a dedicated critic of visors—“I got caught up in that machismo of, if you put a visor on, you’re soft,” he says, rolling his eyes—today, Malhotra is a living witness to the perils of not wearing one. “I’ll tell anyone who’ll listen that the game is too fast, there are too many elements of danger out there—and there’s no reason why you shouldn’t wear one.”

Miss him.

Reactions: quat and vanuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad