Around the League | Post Toilet Bowl Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I knew as soon as I saw the play and the fine there would be rage exhibited by many on whom it has no bearing. It's getting very tiresome.
Interestingly, Dino actually spent a night in jail for something similiar way, way back:

It's the NHL "wheel of justice"....where the wheel spots, nobody knows.

(heh, ok NHL league office had little do with the jail time but why include something that goes against my narrative? :sarcasm:)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Nick Lang

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I'm not even convinced Trouba was trying to slash him in the head.
Probably just a reckless swing. The two are like the same height though so if that was Garland it might have gone over his head and hit someone else in the face?

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I am saying they should actively be pursuing trades
Right and one would assume that Holland is looking to make a trade like he did when he acquired Ekholm.

Really?

I am suggesting they actively pursue targets such as a low 20 minute dman that can consistently and effectively play in his own zone. I'm suggesting the actively pursue another forward that can consistently and effectively play in all three zones.

And who would that low 20 minute Dman that can consistently and effectively play in his own zone be cause I'm sure the Canucks have been looking for that type of Dman too? And that forward that can consistently and effectively play in all three zones... is that a top 6 player? Middle 6? What would his cap hit be? We have Garland to trade.

Adding that forward shouldn't be too hard especially if the Oilers are willing to trade a 1st. But that doesn't solve the issues on D and in goal. Plus the Oilers are capped out so they need to move $$$.

Funny thing is i dont think the needs are THAT great. Some of the defenseman need to be bumped down from their current ice time and they need a couple more middle range forwards that push the forecheck and can check effectively on their own side of Center.

That in conjunction with hammering in a system that can get the forwards to help these defenseman make short quick plays to get out would do a world of good

Say (cap permitting) the Oilers went out and acquired the players the Leafs did at last year's deadline is that enough? That still doesn't solve the Oilers' goaltending problems though.

Depending on how you are meaning impact yes they should have been more aggressive for years I agree
I also think that a lot of the moves you suggested should have been done via free agency but the Oilers don't have cap space. Otherwise, Cole/Blueger are the type of short-term players Oilers should be adding to the team.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Right and one would assume that Holland is looking to make a trade like he did when he acquired Ekholm.

And who would that low 20 minute Dman that can consistently and effectively play in his own zone be cause I'm sure the Canucks have been looking for that type of Dman too? And that forward that can consistently and effectively play in all three zones... is that a top 6 player? Middle 6? What would his cap hit be? We have Garland to trade.

Adding that forward shouldn't be too hard especially if the Oilers are willing to trade a 1st. But that doesn't solve the issues on D and in goal. Plus the Oilers are capped out so they need to move $$$.

Say (cap permitting) the Oilers went out and acquired the players the Leafs did at last year's deadline is that enough? That still doesn't solve the Oilers' goaltending problems though.

I also think that a lot of the moves you suggested should have been done via free agency but the Oilers don't have cap space. Otherwise, Cole/Blueger are the type of short-term players Oilers should be adding to the team.
Oilers are right at the cap. So it’s not just moving the first to get a player, it’s also fitting them into the cap. In season moves before half way through the season are hard to make.

Foegle is ufa at year end. Drai and McLeod and Ceci are up in 2025. All other cap hits over $2 mill are longer than these 3 guys. Not sure how many teams are interested in taking on Ceci at over $4 mill. McLeod is doable at $2.1 mill.

Plus factor in ntc and the options for the oilers are really limited.

Reactions: Lindgren

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Yep should be looking talking and finding anything that is out there

The dman - well yeah it is documented here for our searches the lack of players we think could be available..

The forward can slot in anywhere line 1 2 or 3 - they can run 3 Cs 97/29/93 for omce and stick with it. Cap hit.. who knows between 1 and 5 million.

From edmonton's perspective i would be trying for players with some term instead of pure rentals.. a year left after this one

Oh absolutely can be made anytime.. but when you end up sitting on your own finger cause you cant fit in the salary because you dont want to pay a trade price you get nowhere..

Deeds26

Nov 11, 2006
I mean, as much as I love drama and storylines, and can 100% believe this rumour about Corey Perry and why he isn't with the Hawks right now.

I don't want to be out here spreading it, but to educate those who do not have X, formerly known as Twitter, the rumour going around is that Mr. Perry had sexual relations with a certain 2023 first overall pick's mom. Hilarious if true.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
I mean, as much as I love drama and storylines, and can 100% believe this rumour about Corey Perry and why he isn't with the Hawks right now.

I don't want to be out here spreading it, but to educate those who do not have X, formerly known as Twitter, the rumour going around is that Mr. Perry had sexual relations with a certain 2023 first overall pick's mom. Hilarious if true.
Is this actually picking up steam?

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
He has always been good around the crease looking for the tip in

you-right.gif

Reactions: andora

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
From edmonton's perspective i would be trying for players with some term instead of pure rentals.. a year left after this one

Oh absolutely can be made anytime.. but when you end up sitting on your own finger cause you cant fit in the salary because you dont want to pay a trade price you get nowhere..
Regarding players on term, almost all who are into their ufa years if they have any ntc likely are not waiving to go to Edm at this point in time.

Would have to either be rfa aged players or guys who are lower on the depth chart who don’t have the clout to get any trade protection. The rfa aged guys has to be a reason for a club to give them up. The package has to be worth giving up someone under 27.

Reactions: andora

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
So there's no way this possibly could have happened, right?

But also, there was a 'mom's trip' thing that happened in literally exactly the right timeline for this to happen.

Connor Bedard said his mom, Melanie, is "super-pumped" to join the team for the team's fling.

She got super-pumped all right. Heh.

But surely this didn't happen. It would be the most ridiculous story in the history of the NHL. It can't be.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
yes i would be so disappointed to hear a NHLer had sex with someone other than his wife or GF LOL

In other news.... it will probably rain this winter in Vancouver

The real issue is Bedard's family having to hear all this crap and i'm sure Mom could do better than Corey Perry FFS. More likely Connor banged Perry's wife. Perry is one ugly creepy looking dude.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'm also pretty sure I saw a video of Perry & Bedard being the last two guys out after practice doing drills together within the last couple of weeks. Can't imagine that would happen if something went down.

It just seems like a typical made-up rumour that inserts Bedard to grabs the most headlines. Like, if it was Kevin Korchinski's name involved or something like that I would believe it more.

Reactions: Lindgren

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
yes i would be so disappointed to hear a NHLer had sex with someone other than his wife or GF LOL

In other news.... it will probably rain this winter in Vancouver

The real issue is Bedard's family having to hear all this crap and i'm sure Mom could do better than Corey Perry FFS. More likely Connor banged Perry's wife. Perry is one ugly creepy looking dude.
Oh.. what a spin that would be

I'm also pretty sure I saw a video of Perry & Bedard being the last two guys out after practice doing drills together within the last couple of weeks. Can't imagine that would happen if something went down.

It just seems like a typical made-up rumour that inserts Bedard to grabs the most headlines. Like, if it was Kevin Korchinski's name involved or something like that I would believe it more.
Oh Corey you have been so good with my son - he has said you have helped him so much

Annnnnnd its on, never underestimate how simple two horny people making mistakes is

• Haha
Reactions: sting101

sting101

Feb 8, 2012

Something something "Taylor Swift" something something
Weren't there rumors back in the day of Kesler prowling around for NHL wives? Lol
Ask Corey Schneider and find out

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Oh Corey you have been so good with my son - he has said you have helped him so much

Annnnnnd its on, never underestimate how simple two horny people making mistakes is

Never underestimate people just making up the absolutely wildest story possible either. This is the biggest headline-generating rumor they could come up with so of course someone is going to float this.

Reactions: andora and Vector
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad