Around the League | Post Toilet Bowl Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I don’t really care if the Oilers get a high draft pick as we’ve seen this story a hundred times. Hall, RNH, Yakupov, McDavid, Draisatl, Puljujarvi, Broberg, Bouchard, etc. they always find a way to still suck.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I know we all love to watch the Oilers lose and be humiliated. I do want them to turn it around though but still miss the playoffs. f*** them getting another top 5 pick again to solve their problems.
One top 5 pick won't solve their problems, but I also would prefer them to somehow finish last and pick 15th.

Reactions: LordBacon

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
I think brock lesnar would do better coaching edmonton at this point.. he is only a province over

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
It's mayhem in oil country kenny has absolutely wrecked what should've been a multi SC finals era atleast

Pretty pumped to see mcdrai on different teams just racking up points and wins
1699643173524.png

Reactions: VanillaCoke

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver

Penguins have won the Cup 5 times. Until this time, they've only retired two players numbers and one of them was because he died. By contrast, the Canucks have 6 retired numbers...

Well, when you are an iconic franchise like the Canucks, you have to recognise your history.

Also we have no Stanley Cup banners taking up space in the rafters, so why not hang some jerseys?

Darth Vladar and the Wolf sounds like a formidable goalie duo, or a wacky morning radio show.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Hey remember when the Oilers lost to the Sharks?

Good times

Alsom why do people keep on saying they lost in the 3rd round last season. That was TWO years ago. Last season it was the second round and they were steam rolled by Vegas once they got their shit together.

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
The Oilers have been a top 10ish team the last few years and have won some playoff rounds in the last two. Even in the playoffs they lost to the eventual Cup champ. It's hilarious what's happening to them now but I'm not going to pretend they haven't been a pretty good team the last few years.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
The Oilers have been a top 10ish team the last few years and have won some playoff rounds in the last two. Even in the playoffs they lost to the eventual Cup champ. It's hilarious what's happening to them now but I'm not going to pretend they haven't been a pretty good team the last few years.
They *should* be a fairly strong *regular* season team given the forwards they have. But as we saw when the Canucks had the WCE (probably the most deadly scoring line in the NHL at their peak years), it means far less in the post-season. And we had better blueliners (though same questionable goaltending).

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I like Woodcroft as a coach..Up until this season, he did a good job with them..Its not his fault that genius Kenny couldn't construct a solid 'team'.

If Woodcroft gets fired, ...Kenny should be going with him.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I like Woodcroft as a coach..Up until this season, he did a good job with them..Its not his fault that genius Kenny couldn't construct a solid 'team'.

If Woodcroft gets fired, ...Kenny should be going with him.
Oilers are like Benning. No real hits outside round 1. No guys developing through their AHL system. For Van, they had goalies get through. Edm, in the 30 years since Ranford that they got young, they really only got 1 young guy in Dubnyk, and tried to develop him, but sadly, he came up in the 201X period at 24 behind a horrible team. From 2008 to 2014, when he was 22 to 28, they were a bad team most of the time. Since Ranford, they've run with vets who gave them a few seasons like Cujo, Salo, Roloson, Dubnyk (only young guy), Talbot, Koskinen, Smith, Campbell.

Never developed one of their own guys into a starter. Dubnyk put a couple/few good seasons when he got to Minny. Going back close to 30 seasons now. So, their logic of betting on finding one in the 3rd round and later the past decade is baffling.... Passing on the likes of Hart, Oettinger, Wallstedt for Benson, Yamamoto, Blougart is insane.... 3 F. Not like they were grabbing Dmen to build up the blueline to help an ok goalie.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad