Post-Game Talk: Around the league: Playoffs IV | Let's Go Bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuues!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
I was a bit late, but I did cancel my cable. Shaw internet install is Saturday morning. For anyone interested, they've got good deals on now. $43/$58 for internet 300 over 2 years. I think TV was like $103 for the first year with small tv if you're interested. My bill drops from $207 with Telus to $43.

Niiiice.

back on topic, I have literally no interest in any team anymore except with possibly the winner of the St. Louis/Dallas series. Everyone else I either hate, disinterest (Colorado), or be kinda awesome if it would happen but no chance that it will (Carolina).

It's a good time to go outside.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Man this feels like a Canucks series. Go in with so much hope only to lose the next 2 games and give up a weak backbreaking goal in the elimination game...and watching it turn into a blowout on home ice...

Reactions: CanuckCity

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Annnnd thats it for Columbus

Going to lose their UFAs and and have mortgaged their future. It's going to be a rough few years for them.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna

Going to lose their UFAs and and have mortgaged their future. It's going to be a rough few years for them.
Not winning the cup isn't necessarily a failure. They won a round against the best #1 seed in a long time. This will help them sell season tickets for next year.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Marchand and Krug are just unbelievable players. Everything runs through them.

Don't know what CBJ does now with Panarin and Bob likely leaving.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Holland is a dinosaur too with his best days behind him. He’s made some questionable trades and hands out terrible contracts as well. “Huge upgrade” is a hyperbole
He sold out the franchise to keep the playoff streak alive for Ilitch. After the streak ended he's been better, but not great, which should be a huge improvement over Chiarelli but probably not what they need to contend, hence mediocrity.

He knows how to sell at the deadline when rebuilding though so that puts him a step above James Elmer.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Sooo.... the Canucks had 1 year run under Gillis in 2011 but lost in round 2 the 2 prior years and out in round 1 the 2 years after that.

You can’t sit around just collecting assets. Sooner or later you make a push.

The 2 Russians are likely gone. Duchene up to him what he wants to do. I think Dzingel signs with them.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I do not hate the Cuthbert/McGuire combo calling the Sharks/Avs on NBC. Not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad