Post-Game Talk: Around the league: Playoffs IV | Let's Go Bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuues!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Marchand's fake ass tears just icing on the cake ain't it?

We can make fun of Marchand all we want (trust me, I dislike the guy as much as anyone on here), but he still has a Cup and a Gold Medal at the end of the day. He also morphed into a superstar during and after 2011.

The time to get real revenge on Marchand was between 2011 and 2013, but no one did anything. That time has passed now.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
We can make fun of Marchand all we want (trust me, I dislike the guy as much as anyone on here), but he still has a Cup and a Gold Medal at the end of the day. He also morphed into a superstar during and after 2011.

The time to get real revenge on Marchand was between 2011 and 2013, but no one did anything. That time has passed now.

Oh I'm not referring to what he did in 2011, if I was I'd be holding a lot more grudges against a lot more Bruins players.

I dislike Marchand because he crosses the lines too many times, not just against us, but against every player in the league. He's a filthy crook who happens to be a super star.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
the blues had 13 canadian players in the lineup tonight, btw. and only two americans.

Back in 2011, the total number of Canadian players playing for Boston (which exceeded the number of Canadian players playing for Vancouver) served as the perfect pretext for jealous Canadians to cheer on Boston over us.

Albertans even took it one step further by wearing Bruins jerseys to their sports bars (Edmonton and Calgary) while adopting Boston as their team during those weeks. When a few idiotic Vancoverites rioted after the loss, all of the Albertan media and Torontonian media labelled *all* of Vancouver as classless rioters, and neglected to mention the good citizens of Vancouver that cleaned up the streets the next day.

I offer no apologies whatsoever for making fun of Calgarians when they had their flood on Social Media. None at all.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Back in 2011, the total number of Canadian players playing for Boston (which exceeded the number of Canadian players playing for Vancouver) served as the perfect pretext for jealous Canadians to cheer on Boston over us.

Albertans even took it one step further by wearing Bruins jerseys to their sports bars (Edmonton and Calgary) while adopting Boston as their team during those weeks. When a few idiotic Vancoverites rioted after the loss, all of the Albertan media and Torontonian media labelled *all* of Vancouver as classless rioters, and neglected to mention the good citizens of Vancouver that cleaned up the streets the next day.

I offer no apologies whatsoever for making fun of Calgarians when they had their flood on Social Media. None at all.

Well one down, one to go. f*** the Raptors. Imagine Toronto fans calling Vancouver classless while they cheer Durant being injured. I have a hard time believing Canuck fans would have cheered if it was in Vancouver where Horton was laying on the ice.

I almost want the Raptors to win because people might get hurt if they lose and Toronto collectively throws a tantie and riots.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Well one down, one to go. **** the Raptors. Imagine Toronto fans calling Vancouver classless while they cheer Durant being injured. I have a hard time believing Canuck fans would have cheered if it was in Vancouver where Horton was laying on the ice.

I almost want the Raptors to win because people might get hurt if they lose and Toronto collectively throws a tantie and riots.

I actually feel the opposite. I want Toronto to lose and riot so people can actually see for themselves the hypocrisy in them labeling *all* of us as rioters (as opposed to a few drunken idiots).

But yes - I am also cheering Golden State.

Reactions: Hemty

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
I feel like the Canucks just won honestly. I’m not sure why this feels so different. I’ve never been so happy to see a team win.

If the Canucks ever win it, I may just die that night. I’m riding a high that I thought I’d never feel right now. Wait until the Nucks win it...I won’t be able to contain myself.

Same, I'm not sure why I experienced so much happiness at seeing the Blues win it. Sure, part of it was definitely pleasure at watching the Bruins lose but ultimately they're just not us and doesn't really have any material impact on us as Canucks fans.

I think it's because it's honestly nice to see another fanbase who's suffered heartbreak and disappointment for such a long time - especially a team I have no beef with - finally get to hoist the Cup. They finally ended their drought and it couldn't have happened to a more deserving city and fanbase.

Plus I guess some small part of me is happy because my hopes for a Canucks Cup win have only grown stronger.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
This was the most investment I'd put in a non-Canucks SCF since Detroit/Pittsburgh Round II, even if G6 and G7 were kinda lousy from an on-ice perspective

Reactions: Spektre
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad