Around the League - Playoff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Is it just me or is it just Chicago that often attacks from the PB without touching the ice?

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
As much as I dislike our local broadcast crew, the constant *****ing and moaning from the local St. Louis guys about every play that "could have been" a penalty is tiring.

What happened to the good old days when neutral broadcast crews were sent to every series by the national broadcasters? Oh ya, that's right. Sportsnet.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Man for a 0-0 game this Chicago/St.Louis game has been pretty damn good.

If the Oilers were playing in place of the Hawks I think that 1/2 of the Oilers roster would be in the hospital by now. Some big hits being thrown around.

Dakine879

Apr 24, 2015
Edmonton

If the Oilers were playing in place of the Hawks I think that 1/2 of the Oilers roster would be in the hospital by now. Some big hits being thrown around.

I was wondering the same thing... I couldn't imagine Eberle playing in this type of game.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
I'm hoping the Blues get embarrassed in the first round so that a defenceman is more likely to shake free.

Especially if they aren't able to score goals.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
How fitting, we didn't score our first goal against the Blues this year, the Blues didn't score their first of the playoffs

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Blues win after the Chicago defender has an outbreak of Oiler and has a sharp angle shot deflect off his stick and in behind Crawford.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I'm hoping the Blues get embarrassed in the first round so that a defenceman is more likely to shake free.

Especially if they aren't able to score goals.

Well... They won 1-0 in the first game and allowed 35 shots on goal. Not a great outing for their elite group of d-men considering Keith wasn't even playing.

These jokers will be done in 5 or 6.
I really hope we get the d-men we need in the off-season but I don't really want them from St. Louis. No more chokers.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
As much as I dislike our local broadcast crew, the constant *****ing and moaning from the local St. Louis guys about every play that "could have been" a penalty is tiring.

What happened to the good old days when neutral broadcast crews were sent to every series by the national broadcasters? Oh ya, that's right. Sportsnet.

they're horrible

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
What a freaking night in sports. NHL playoffs, Warriors, Kobe's last game ... I'm spent :laugh:

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
What a freaking night in sports. NHL playoffs, Warriors, Kobe's last game ... I'm spent :laugh:

I'm glad I kept busy all day until around 8. Don't have to work tomorrow. Watched both the GS/LA games closely and the Hawks/Blues game on top of that. Really awesome stuff. Glad I can stay up and enjoy full highlights and interviews.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Against my better judgement I watched parts of the Tampa/Detroit game.

Strange game. Wings absolutely dominated segments of the game and then completely fell apart in the 3rd playing crap hockey and giving puck away constantly. Reminding that they shouldn't even be in the playoffs. Kind of sad that this is going to be Datsyuks last NHL hockey. The Wings just don't play a tight game and have nothing going offensively. lol that the Wings had 3 solid chances to tie the game in last minute and shoot wide. Open net staring at a guy from the slot and he flips the puck over the cage. my lord. The play was comical. Off a faceoff somehow the Lightning leave 2 Wings all alone in front of their net in last minute who should have scored. Then rebound goes right to guy in slot as two Tampa defenders miss him and then go to cover guys they left wide open in front of net...It was like watching Eakins Oilers swarm hockey. Just chase past everything..

Meanwhile the winning Tampa goal is of course scored by killorn magically batting the puck out of the air on a bang bang play on something he couldn't replicate 1/10. But of course it works perfectly for him for the deciding goal in a SC playoff game. people wonder why I compare the luck of the Lightning to the Calgary Flames.
Tampa was playing the worst team in the playoffs (luck in the first place to get that easy assignment when they just edged into the playoffs) and they need a hands of god goal to win.

Last edited:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

I'm glad I kept busy all day until around 8. Don't have to work tomorrow. Watched both the GS/LA games closely and the Hawks/Blues game on top of that. Really awesome stuff. Glad I can stay up and enjoy full highlights and interviews.

Not a huge basketball fan but started to be a little silly. Whatever happened to trying to cover guys taking 3pt shots? Curry hits 10 of those in the game and they're still not covering him. Just seemed strange that in the respective games both Curry and Kobe were backed off so much allowing them to just drain long range buckets. When that stuff is happening you try to get them out of their rhythm. Slam them, take a foul, don't leave them, whatever. But guys just standing their with jaws open while bucket after bucket hits nothing but twine. Seemed like 3pt giveaway night.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint

Sportsnet's the worst thing to happen to hockey in a long while. :shakehead

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Was only able to watch half of the Tampa Bay/Detroit game and half of the Blues/Hawks game but it sure is fun to watch playoff hockey. Particularly the first round when teams are relatively healthy and rested. Good stuff.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I really have zero enthusiasm about these NHL playoffs and don't care about any of the teams playing or whoever eventually wins.

Saying that... my pick to win the cup is still the Sharks, whom I picked to win it when the season began.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
that would be an impressive pick if it indeed happened. Certainly can't cheer against Joe.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Haven't gotten home yet, did I miss anything good?

Not too much, so-so period. Caps having to kill three straight penalties, two of which were weak as hell. Flyers getting away with infractions left and right. Caps haven't had much of a chance to assert their dominance. Had some good chances though.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015

It always amazes me how rough these games are and there seems to be hardly any injuries. Yet the OIlers get injured by inadvertent stares at times.

Islanders down 1-0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad