Chicago over StL in 7
Anaheim over Nash in 5
San Jose over LA in 7

Come at me bros...

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Guess I'll put this post here, instead of in a dead thread.

K guys, who are you cheering for? Or cheering against?

Florida Panthers vs New York Islanders:

Don't care for either club, but **** the Islanders, I hope they get destroyed.

St. Louis Blues vs Chicago Blackhawks:

I'm not a big fan of the Blues, but I'd like to see the Hawks get tossed in the first round. All the dynasty talk is icky.

Los Angeles Kings vs San Jose Sharks:

Again, not a huge fan of the Kings, but after watching the **** show that was Sharks fans after the Nurse incident, cheering pretty hard for the Kings in this one.

Anaheim Ducks vs Nashville Predators:

Don't like the Ducks, and a lot of their players. Kesler, and Perry, on their own are enough to hate a team. And **** Stoner, that guy can go to hell. Preds fans are a non-traditional market that really embraced their team, and actually fill their building, so good on them, I hope they kick some ass.

Washington Capitals vs Philadelphia Flyers:

My Avatar says it all. Would love, love, love, to see Ovi hoist the Cup. Go Caps!

Pittsburgh Penguins vs New York Rangers:

Don't really have a dog in this race. I don't care for either team, but I'd rather not hear how awesome Schultz is all year if the Pens do well.

Tampa Bay Lightning vs Detroit Red Wings:

I really couldn't give less of a ****.

Dallas Stars vs Minnesota Wild:

Ugh. Hate both teams, but I hate Dallas a little bit more. Also, **** Seguin.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007

I like both Florida and the Islanders, I will probably cheer for the Panthers though.

A lesser of evils, I will cheer for the Blues. I like Hitchcock and Chicago has been irritating me more each year.

San Jose for sure over the Kings, the Kings have become one of my more un-favored teams due top their cap circumventing shenanigans.

Nashville over the Ducks, I don't love Nashville or hate the Ducks but a quick exit for the Ducks enhances our chance at getting one of their dmen.

Washington over Philly, never liked Philly I do like Ovechkin.

Pittsburgh over the Rangers, I am not a fan of Lundquist.

Tampa over Detroit, won't happen though the Wings as usual will get opportune PP's just when they need it.

Have to go with Minny here, tough choice though because Minny is still one of the most boring teams around.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

I'm not a big fan of the Blues, but I'd like to see the Hawks get tossed in the first round. All the dynasty talk is icky.

Again, not a huge fan of the Kings, but after watching the **** show that was Sharks fans after the Nurse incident, cheering pretty hard for the Kings in this one.

Don't like the Ducks, and a lot of their players. Kesler, and Perry, on their own are enough to hate a team. And **** Stoner, that guy can go to hell. Preds fans are a non-traditional market that really embraced their team, and actually fill their building, so good on them, I hope they kick some ass.

My Avatar says it all. Would love, love, love, to see Ovi hoist the Cup. Go Caps!

Don't really have a dog in this race. I don't care for either team, but I'd rather not hear how awesome Schultz is all year if the Pens do well.

:laugh: Couldn't agree more. I hope they get swept in embarrassing fashion.

I'll be rooting for the Panthers, Caps, Stars, and Hawks (because I also want the Blues to get swept in embarrassing fashion, embark on sweeping organizational changes, and trade us Pietrangelo or Parayko for pennies on the dollar :naughty:)

Oct 30, 2011
Washington, Florida, Minny, San Jose and Nashville are the teams I'm cheering for, I guess.

I want a first time winner.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
Pretty much cheering for anybody but LA and Chicago. Hoping Washington wins it for Ovoi or the Sharks because of Jumbo and Burnsy. Everyone else is meh/boring.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Some series are too tough to call. Especially in WC where theres so many good clubs and so little to choose from. (winners bolded)

Hawks should be able to get by Blues but if they don't its generalized fatigue.

I'm going to go off chart here and Call Minny getting an upset over the playoff virgin Dallas stars. Dallas should have this, but if Minny hangs around I can see some panic setting in. Also Dallas are defensively suspect and play less solid system game. For sure Stars are 2nd round fodder in anycase.

Ducks easy over Nashville.

Kings - Sharks. I think it depends on what Kings team we see. Kings should beat the Sharks but SJ may have an edge on how much they would WANT to beat the Kings. Animosity may be more that way and Sharks may have more emotion to draw from. Being a Kings fan this isn't a matchup I like or wanted this year. That said Kings in a very tough 8 games and probably with some injuries.

Caps win first round, done. Not worth talking about. Flyers pretend tough only goes so far. They'll be taken apart by the high powered Caps offense.

Florida my darkhorse in East. Solid, just solid defensive play and team concept. A team molded seemingly more on WC play but should do fine in East. Should be able to get past the offensively challenged Islanders.

Pittsburgh, who are hot, take out a declining rangers squad, experience be damned. Rangers are about done. Just not enough depth on that squad or enough go go players. Pens need this and will get it.

Tampa probably gets the Edge over a Wings squad that barely made the playoffs and that looked bad for much of the season. question being is how far can Datsyuk in his swan song take a club? Detroit might be resilient. Really depends on if Datsyuk checks out or if he has a great performance.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Atlantic Division
(1) Florida in 6 vs (WC1) NY Islanders
(2) Tampa Bay vs (3) Detroit in 6

Metropolitan Division
(1) Washington vs (WC2) Philadelphia in 7 (I always take a dark horse to pull off a huge upset)
(2) Pittsburgh in 6 vs (3) NY Rangers

Central Division
(1) Dallas in 6 vs (WC2) Minnesota
(2) St. Louis in 7 vs (3) Chicago

Pacific Division
(1) Anaheim in 7 vs (WC1) Nashville
(2) Los Angeles in 6 vs (3) San Jose

Full schedule and TV: https://www.nhl.com/stanley-cup-playoffs/2016/

My predicted winners in bold.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
(1) Florida vs (WC1) NY Islanders
(2) Tampa Bay vs (3) Detroit
(1) Washington vs (WC2) Philadelphia
(2) Pittsburgh vs (3) NY Rangers
(1) Dallas vs (WC2) Minnesota
(2) St. Louis vs (3) Chicago
(1) Anaheim vs (WC1) Nashville
(2) Los Angeles vs (3) San Jose

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006

Why don't you like the Islanders??

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

I'm all over the map with my west predictions.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

I'm all over the map with my west predictions.

Your predictions would be the best possible news for the LA Kings. :D

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I was actually cheering for them as recent as last year, but the Hamonic threads just killed it for me. The arrogance, and trolling, made me want nothing but the worst for that team.

That, and a 22 year streak of not winning a playoff series, makes it easy to bet against them in the first round.

suddeninterest

Aug 19, 2014

Yeah I would like to see Florida win this one for sure, neither team has won a series for 20+ years so should be good.

Honestly I hope that the Hawks win in 4 and Armstrong decides they need a big shake up. aka bye bye Pietro. You can just leave him on the curb, the Edmonton Oilers waste disposal truck will be along shortly to get him.

Would love to see the Sharks get stomped, for McLellan's sake. And for Lucic to put Polak through the boards.

I actually enjoy watching the Preds, Forsberg is a fun guy to watch. Would like to see them win one. Would also probably ensure someone good is gone from ANA.

Don't like Philly so I hope the Caps win. Would like to see another WSH v. PIT matchup too.

Crosby is a good ol Nova Scotia boy so I'm cheering for the Pens here. Might get rugged with their 3rd and 4th stringers in net though.

Despise Detroit, hope the Bolts crush them although I dunno with how many players they are down.

Meh, don't care. I guess I'd want the Wild but I don't see it happening.

Stole the format from Puritania.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Im all aboard The Blues bandwagon, choo choo!

I think this is their year. If they survive the 1st round theyll win the cup. Just my gut feeling

I jumped on Hawks bandwagon in 2010 and on Tampas last year (although no cup, but SCF). So lets see if I can go 3 for 3 for picking SCF finalists

Parayko for Conn Smythe

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I was actually cheering for them as recent as last year, but the Hamonic threads just killed it for me. The arrogance, and trolling, made me want nothing but the worst for that team.

Amen. I actually cheered for them last year. Very likeable team. Worst fans in the league tho. And thats over Leaf fans

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Some pretty boring first round matchups. The Blues-Hawks one should be good though. Kings-Sharks could be interesting as well. Hoping both the Blues and Sharks can advance, would make the playoffs much more exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad