Around the league part 2

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
The Kings can only drop to WC2. They can’t finish in WC1. Nashville has the tiebreaker.

The Kings can only drop to WC2. They can’t finish in WC1. Nashville has the tiebreaker.
Are you sure? Nash has 99 points and done. Kings 97 points with two games left. So kings get one point tonight, then can finish ahead (100 pts) with win against Chicago

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
love that kid and think he's gonna be quite a force (Nazar)

he's one of the first college kids i've basically agreed 100% with @Herby on (other than Faber maybe) so I hope that's significant somehow haha

Well, I was high on Nazar coming out, but his freshman year was really underwhelming, I know he was banged up but he was pretty bad, but his confidence was shot too, he looked nothing like a guy that was drafted where he was. Props to him for bouncing back and to Chicago for letting it happen. Nazar was one of those guys who was hoping to be a one-and-done, and had he been drafted by a team like the Kings, he would have been a one-and-done and in the AHL this season and not at the level he is now after a big bounce back season.

I would have liked to seen Nazar back because he's not without flaws, although with Chicago he probably has an easier path to the NHL than on a lot of teams. McGroarty is taking the Faber/Snuggerud angle of wanting nothing to do with playing in the AHL. Boy it's a good thing the Kings didn't draft him (he was a guy mocked to the Kings a bit before the pick was dealt). That type of poor attitude wouldn't have worked out here.

Reactions: kilowatt

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I dont get why Washington gets the 8th spot vs Det - when same number of points and Wings have more wins.. anyone?

Edit: i guess im remedial in regulation wins as first tie breaker - where its not shown in any standings listing

Last edited:

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
F the Wings. Go Caps!! It would be hilarious for the Caps to knock out the Rangers to be on the other side of the question "What President's trophy winning teams lost in the first round?". I hope the schedule works out so I can take my son to a game.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Vegas looks to be on their way to a win and taking that third spot in the division for at least a couple days. Goal scorers are McNabb and Amadio, who somehow has 14 goals. But we’ve got the feel good story of Rudy Lizotte going for us.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
So do we need the Ducks to beat the Knights so the Kings have a chance to avoid the Stars and get the Oilers instead?
Another possible scenario:

If Dallas loses tomorrow in regulation (against St. Louis), and Vancouver beats Winnipeg, the Canucks would be the #1 seed in the West.

So it's possible we could end up playing Vancouver still as the 8th seed.

Blues are 2-0-1 against Dallas this year.

Reactions: YP44 and Faterson

VILARGOD

Sep 16, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
Man, it's really looking like Slafkovsky and Lane Hutson are going to be special for the Habs for a long time. Makes you a tad jealous with the way our prospects have fared these past couple of years

Byfield's last stretch of hockey hasn't been the most inspiring, but he's never played this late into the year before. Hoping for a big series from him even with the inevitable stomping incoming

What'd I'd do to have (one of) my favorite players in Vilardi back

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Vegas looks to be on their way to a win and taking that third spot in the division for at least a couple days. Goal scorers are McNabb and Amadio, who somehow has 14 goals. But we’ve got the feel good story of Rudy Lizotte going for us.
Of all the players on the Kings roster you choose to mention the only one with a sack between his legs?

Reactions: Trash Panda

kingsholygrail

Insurmountable Leads 1-3
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
1654911360335.gif

We're pining over Amadio and McNabb now? Have a beer and go outside for a while.

Reactions: Fripp and Sausages

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Unless Vancouver wins in regulation or overtime....Kings are playing the Stars regardless of Thursday's outcome?
Three scenarios:

Kings play Vancouver if Vancouver wins, Dallas loses in regulation (making Canucks the top seed), Vegas wins and/or LA loses (making Kings WC 2)

Kings play Dallas if Dallas at least loses in OT and/or Vancouver loses (making Dallas the top seed), Vegas wins and/or LA loses (making Kings WC 2)

Kings play Edmonton if LA wins in regulation and Vegas loses in any way (Kings have ROW tiebreaker) or LA loses in OT and Vegas loses in regulation.

Canucks hold the tiebreaker over Dallas, and LA has the tiebreaker over Vegas. So it's still a little up in the air.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
OK, so maybe we're not the worst playoff team:

And the Whalers were 31-38 at 5v5, while Van was 28-43. And that was back when 76% of teams made the playoffs. Det and Min also made the playoffs in 90-91 with negative goal differentials, and more losses than wins. Imagine the complaining if the internet was around back then.

That 76% would be 24 teams making the playoffs this year. We'd have a lot of bad teams making the playoffs.

At least this year's Caps have more regulations wins than losses. Even with a -37, they had more regulation wins, and fewer regulation losses, than Detroit. How the Caps managed to do that, how the Wings managed to do that, I don't know. I guess when the Caps lose, they really lose. Not 3-2 losses, but 5-1. And they beat Det, head to head, a week ago.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Three scenarios:

Kings play Vancouver if Vancouver wins, Dallas loses in regulation (making Canucks the top seed), Vegas wins and/or LA loses (making Kings WC 2)

Kings play Dallas if Dallas at least loses in OT and/or Vancouver loses (making Dallas the top seed), Vegas wins and/or LA loses (making Kings WC 2)

Kings play Edmonton if LA wins in regulation and Vegas loses in any way (Kings have ROW tiebreaker) or LA loses in OT and Vegas loses in regulation.

Canucks hold the tiebreaker over Dallas, and LA has the tiebreaker over Vegas. So it's still a little up in the air.
If you're scoreboard watching (in order):

Dallas hosts St. Louis tonight at 6:30PM PDT for its last game, so 1st seed in the West could be settled tonight. Game televised on TNT.

Vancouver plays in Winnepeg tomorrow at 5:00PM PDT for its last game, which could determine 1st seed in the West if Dallas loses tonight. ESPN+

Vegas hosts the Ducks tomorrow night at 7:00PM PDT for its last game; Vegas claims Pacific 3rd seed if Knights win. ESPN+

Kings host the Blackhawks tomorrow night at 7:30PM PDT for its last game. The earliest the we will know for sure who the Kings play in the first round is ~9:45PM PDT, about halfway through the 3rd period of this last game of the NHL season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad