Around the league part 2

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I know. On what planet do you trade talent like that? Vilardi and Fiala were the only players who could generate offense alone, and they trade the guy? Insane
Earth: Present day

Fade in:
In the office of player agent Pat Brisson

"Hey Luc , it's Pat....I have a guy you might want."

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
I know. On what planet do you trade talent like that? Vilardi and Fiala were the only players who could generate offense alone, and they trade the guy? Insane

It's true, Gabe is a talent. But I remember practically the whole time he was with the Kings, always wanting more from him. In particular, two things, one was staying healthy, which was a major problem, and two was him not using his large frame to the teams advantage. In all the years I watching him, he threw one hard good spirited check, and that was after someone ran him. I wanted to see him crush someone along the boards or on open ice, but it hardly ever happened. That was disappointing, because he had that ability, and chose not to do it. At times, I thought he was, well, unmotivated.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Vilardi is similar to james van rymesdyk's ability to handle the puck in tight near the crease only better

If you hate Blake, you should be rooting for Winnipeg.

Kings bowing out in the 1st round with an invisible PLD, while the Jets make a SC run with Iafallo and Gabe coming up big would make our front office look really stupid.
The kings front office looks really stupid anyway and the jets havent gotten the respect theyve deserved for some yrs now. Jets were headed ti the cup final until nhl favorite las vegas won the wcf against them. Jets had maybe the best d corps i have seen since larry robinson serge savard etc in that series

Last edited:
Reactions: AbsentMojo

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
Watched the Rangers game today. They look very good. Especially that Matt Rempe guy. The Kings haven't drafted and developed anyone close to him, besides maybe Jordan Nolan.

Why can't the Kings draft and properly develop their own Matt Rempe?

Not to answer my own question; They say that's not good for you. But I think it's a combination of the scouts, developers, and management not being big on haven't that type of player, aka a big bad dude.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
The kings front office looks really stupid anyway and the jets havent gotten the respect theyve deserved for some yrs now. Jets were headed ti the cup final until nhl favorite las vegas won the wcf against them. Jets had maybe the best d corps i have seen since larry robinson serge savard etc in that series
Yes they do, the success of Vilardi/Iafallo/Jets would just make the FO look extra stupid (assuming PLD faulters).

We all know how hot Vilardi can get. He's capable of going on a complete tear. He made a great play on one of the goals today.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Connor hellebuyck looked uncomfortable and georgiev looked overmatched. I was impressed as always with adam lowery and kyle conner
Vilardi was solid with 2a and Iafallo made some hustle plays leading to goals.. Georgiev was sloppy. He didnt look good toward end of reg season that could do them in.

Reactions: chris kontos

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Watched the Rangers game today. They look very good. Especially that Matt Rempe guy. The Kings haven't drafted and developed anyone close to him, besides maybe Jordan Nolan.

Why can't the Kings draft and properly develop their own Matt Rempe?

Not to answer my own question; They say that's not good for you. But I think it's a combination of the scouts, developers, and management not being big on haven't that type of player, aka a big bad dude.
It seems like an afterthought for this org. There is Hellenius from 2021 and Ziemmer from last draft. They used a spot like that on Trevor Lewis. I wanted a guy like Dakota Joshua.. 18g14a in 66 games avg 4 hits a game < 1mil AAV... Every other team seems to be able to find guys like that

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Watching RoR tonite.. he's exactly the type of player that wouldve been that missing center piece.. can u imagine him + Vilardi still on the team and no distracting overpaid loafer.. not saying he was available to LAK - but he might have been... prob not a Brisson guy tho

I came here to say the exact same thing.

If Blake and Co. were that concerned with another C besides Kopitar + Danault (keeping Byfield + Villardi on the wings), why not just sign another center for the time being?

Looking at ROR's contract though, Nashville signed him for 4 years (this year plus 3 more). That's too long of a contract for a player with a lot of mileage and already 33.

If Blake was so concerned with signing another centerman why didn't he stop and ask himself if he's signing the right one?

My best guess is that the PLD trade opened up and he (again) bidded against himself. He's 100% reactionary.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I came here to say the exact same thing.

If Blake and Co. were that concerned with another C besides Kopitar + Danault (keeping Byfield + Villardi on the wings), why not just sign another center for the time being?

Looking at ROR's contract though, Nashville signed him for 4 years (this year plus 3 more). That's too long of a contract for a player with a lot of mileage and already 33.
But 4.5m aav is not bad at all basically half of PLDud - so if you have to buy him out after his 3rd year big deal.. he would really have to crator to make it bad contract

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad