Around the league part 2

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Tough loss for the Islanders. Two boring teams playing a man’s game and they didn’t have the juice against a more talented Hurricanes team. Doesn’t give much hope for the Kings who have the same strategy and mostly a bunch of elite scrub midgets they’re counting on to pull off an upset.
That game sucked. Felt like a run of the mill Wednesday night game around the all star break.
Very little intensity and emotion for a first round game 1. Didnt even seem like they were feeling each other out either. Isles are usually physical and Carolina didnt find their feet until Andersen got the crowd in it in the third period. I am rooting for them in that series but they were diving a ton .
Shit playoff game.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
You don't understand allegories, do you? I'll help.

Someone didn't have to say "the Titanic's going to hit an iceberg and therefore is going to sink." The flaws in construction were there before disaster struck, regardless of the propaganda that the ship was virtually unsinkable.
You really didn't read your link did you? The link that said virtually no one said it was unsinkable that that came AFTER it sank? Link mentions no construction flaws...2nd article that is

Reading first now

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The Leafs down 3-0 in game 1. Not a good auger for teams built for game 83.
The nut sack of the team cost them a goal to start things off by running around trying to hit someone. Almost like that shit doesn't matter that much when the games matter more. One shift for Reaves one goal for Boston.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
The nut sack of the team cost them a goal to start things off by running around trying to hit someone. Almost like that shit doesn't matter that much when the games matter more. One shift for Reaves one goal for Boston.
We’re gonna see Woll pretty soon. There version of Big Save Dave.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Argument that Blake and LA has turned this into a country club, ignoring the fact that EVERY TEAM does the same thing, hires familiar faces, etc,
This is 100 pct correct. Go down any teams front office, from Sakic, to Yzerman, to Guerrin, to St.Louis, to Drury etc...all former players who played there at one time. they all tend to hire guys they can trust too. This is not just an LA thing, and it's not even close.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
If VGK is fully healthy and finally over their Stanley Cup hangover, that Stars vs Knights series should be a banger.

That’s the thing people forget with the LTIR circumvention. Yeah, they get a bloated squad in the playoffs. But the cost was falling to the eighth seed and getting the Stars round one.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
This is 100 pct correct. Go down any teams front office, from Sakic, to Yzerman, to Guerrin, to St.Louis, to Drury etc...all former players who played there at one time. they all tend to hire guys they can trust too. This is not just an LA thing, and it's not even close.
Doesn't matter at all.

The point is that THESE guys have ZERO success to support any of their managerial decisions.

This has been a tremendous waste of money and resources with no discernable upside.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
You don't understand allegories, do you?

You really didn't read your link did you? The link that said virtually no one said it was unsinkable that that came AFTER it sank? Link mentions no construction flaws...2nd article that is

Reading first now
So the answer is no, you don't understand allegories.

Nevermind the fact you ignored the quoted parts I provided. I honestly don't know how you expect to have a discussion when you get hostile and call people idiots when you pick fights over what you selectively read.

But I guess at this point you never expected to have a discussion. That misread is my own fault. Lesson learned.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
So the answer is no, you don't understand allegories.

Nevermind the fact you ignored the quoted parts I provided. I honestly don't know how you expect to have a discussion when you get hostile and call people idiots when you pick fights over what you selectively read.

But I guess at this point you never expected to have a discussion. That misread is my own fault. Lesson learned.

Considering the parts you quoted were FALSE and if you had actually READ the second article you would have seen that nearly NO ONE touted the Titanic as unsinkable, until AFTER it sunk...yea, I didn't think they had much merit to them.

First article was much more fact based, and even then it states "state of the art at the time" meaning, no one at that time was saying it was flawed.....which of course doesn't mean it wasn't, but at the time, they didn't realize it was, and 30 years later, they can see it. Which kind of proves what the hell I was saying, is that AT THE TIME there were no flaws going 20-4, ONLY AFTER......could you discuss/see flaws...

Basically, guys who were bitching about roster construction at 20-4, were Peter calling wolf, they might have been bound to be right one night of the month, but the other 29 would be them calling out bullshit, just to call out bullshit....

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Tough loss for the Islanders. Two boring teams playing a man’s game and they didn’t have the juice against a more talented Hurricanes team. Doesn’t give much hope for the Kings who have the same strategy and mostly a bunch of elite scrub midgets they’re counting on to pull off an upset.

Forwards

Kopi - 6'-3'
Kempe -6'3"
Dubois - 6'4"
Byfield 6'5"

Rest of the forwards lives in the shire
Moore
Danault
Fiala
Laf
Grundstrom (although Grundy plays bigger)
Lewis

Golum I mean lizotte

Playoffs are just a whole new animal of physicality if we win one game it'll be a big accomplishment. If by miracle we win the series and beat the Oilers I'll be happy.

Last edited:
Reactions: LAKings88

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Every player on the Panthers is willing to take a hit to make the right play. Even if its just a simple chip off the wall. They make the most direct plays no matter the price they will pay.
They will be a tough out for any team.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
And all 6 of those "guys etc" have a combined one stanley cup as GM between them.

"Sakic became only the third person, after Milt Schmidt and Serge Savard, to win a Stanley Cup with the same franchise as a player and general manager."

But yeah, let's do that because it's a good idea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad