Around the league part 2

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
GK1Pqc_WIAAcf3c

This is the Delta center in Salt Lake City. It's pretty damn small. It only holds 14K for hockey.
3 times what they have now

Sam

Feb 27, 2002
McDavid missing his second game in a row with a lower body injury, just 1 day ahead of their game with Vancouver. Oilers down 2-1 to Arizona after 2 periods.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com

Sam

Feb 27, 2002
The Oilers lost in OT. Their fate is still in their hands. Would need a regulation win against Vancouver though.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Reactions: DoktorJeep

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I think whoever gets this franchise is inheriting a pretty good situation.

Low payroll. No bad contracts. Good prospect pool. Tons of draft capital. New building on the horizon. Team could be made competitive with a couple shrewd moves.

Fripp

Sep 6, 2005
Portland, OR
Man, Avs blown out at home vs their first round opponent. That's got to worry some people (or motivate the players). Was the MacK's first home game this season without a point?

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
SLC is also going to be a challenging place to bring in UFA’s. You have the western conference travel challenges that all teams already face, but now you add in cultural elements that are just not going to be appealing to young men in their late 20’s and early 30’s.

But they have the rich owner, they are more committed to building an arena than anyone else (maybe save ATL) and geographically it makes the most sense for current alignment.

And the 36 team and expanded playoff is inevitable, much as I feel about college football expanding and how it now cheapens the regular season, it makes more business sense to dangle the playoff carrot to get fans to keep showing up. I personally wish it was 82 games and then straight to conference semi-finals , that would make your regular season mean something, but its going the other direction. Will probably have 24 of the 36 teams make some kind of playoffs or play-in.

Utah is one of the fastest growing states in the country in terms of out of state transplants.

My brother is partner at a multimillion marketing company in SLC and he would never live anywhere else.

There’s a lot of money in that state and a lot of growth. People who think Utah is some backwards Mormon principality have never been there.

• Haha

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Man, Avs blown out at home vs their first round opponent. That's got to worry some people (or motivate the players). Was the MacK's first home game this season without a point?

7-0...wow! I don't feel as bad about losing to the Ducks now.
Jack Johnson was the only even dman , all the others were -2 and -3 's. Jets owned them this year.

Screen Shot 2024-04-13 at 5.37.54 PM.png

• Wow
Reactions: Fripp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad