Around the League Part 11: When in doubt, blame Fortnite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
All the talk about Pesce only makes sense if St. Louis moves one of Pietrangelo or Parayko. The reasonable offer is Slavin plus a 2nd for Tarasenko.
Which is just pointless for us. The left side of our defense would be a complete tire fire without Slavin. de Haan on the top pairing and Fleury or Bean in the top 4 is basically setting us back another 5 years in the rebuild, unless we're trading Necas++ or paying 10 million dollars to a UFA d-man. Just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

Zykov was a scratch last night. Pointless in his games played. Wonder if we see him back on waivers this season.
With Hitchcock coaching in Edmonton, I definitely see him getting waived soon. He'll probably be picked up again though I'm guessing.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I don’t know if you guys already mentioned it because I’m too lazy tonight to go back and read but there was a tweet referenced on the trade board saying we had been very close to pulling off a trade with a western conference team that fell apart at the last minute sometime over the last week or so, with the general feeling we’re after a top 6 forward.

With Stl being the only team openly shopping I can think that’s kinda interesting re Tarasenko.

He’s been a great player but I’ve been feeling like he’s not quite the guy he was a couple of years ago. Still a huge deal to get him, just curious they’d give him up while he’s still young.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I don’t know if you guys already mentioned it because I’m too lazy tonight to go back and read but there was a tweet referenced on the trade board saying we had been very close to pulling off a trade with a western conference team that fell apart at the last minute sometime over the last week or so, with the general feeling we’re after a top 6 forward.

With Stl being the only team openly shopping I can think that’s kinda interesting re Tarasenko.

He’s been a great player but I’ve been feeling like he’s not quite the guy he was a couple of years ago. Still a huge deal to get him, just curious they’d give him up while he’s still young.

We did, and decided it was Kings we were trying to trade with but Carter threatened to retire if he's sent to Carolina.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Which is just pointless for us. The left side of our defense would be a complete tire fire without Slavin. de Haan on the top pairing and Fleury or Bean in the top 4 is basically setting us back another 5 years in the rebuild, unless we're trading Necas++ or paying 10 million dollars to a UFA d-man. Just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

With Hitchcock coaching in Edmonton, I definitely see him getting waived soon. He'll probably be picked up again though I'm guessing.
Maybe I'm mixing up with another league, but if he goes on waivers, doesnt he revert back to us if we want? Like, we have rights to first refusal?

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
aded332c-155b-4fa9-825c-60d136c22d45_screenshot.jpg

Probably a good career move

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Maybe I'm mixing up with another league, but if he goes on waivers, doesnt he revert back to us if we want? Like, we have rights to first refusal?
We gave him away and helped him pack, so no special take-backsies for us. There were several teams trying to claim him. If EDM wanted now to trade him before the playoffs are done, they would first have to offer him to those other claiming teams on the original waiver terms.

BUT, if EDM would now request Waivers on him, and we were the only ones claiming him, then it would be considered that he kind of had cleared waivers as far as we are concerned:

13.22 When a Club claims a Player on Regular or Unconditional Waivers, and, subsequently, in the same season it requests Waivers on the same Player and the original owning Club is the successful and only Club making a Waiver claim, then the original owning Club shall be entitled to Loan such Player to a club in another league within thirty days without further Waivers being asked; provided that such Player has not participated in ten or more NHL Games (cumulative) and remained on an NHL roster more than thirty days (cumulative) following such successful claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad